Kegerator suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Augie

Reaction score
OK I am looking for an opinion here on kegerator options. I am going to be building a kegerator in the next few weeks and can not decide between a sanyo compact fridge or chest freezer. I am only looking for a setup for 2 kegs but may need the room if I ever decide to brew a lager. What do most do when building a DIY kegerator? Thanks ahead of time and back to look at craigslist for options.

bradsul said:
If you want room to be able to lager and still have 2 taps, the Sanyo is out right away unless you want to add another appliance to handle the lagering.
That is what I figured anyway. I may just go the sanyo route for now and when I get into lagering pick up a cheap craigslist fridge for the unfinished half of my basement. After looking around on-line and measuring some spots in the man cave the fridge will be the easier option due to the size of the freezer.

Back