So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok not the weekend, but I am brewing.

87.5% Maris otter, Simpsons
9.4% cane sugar
3.1% raw wheat

Chinook 30mins
Chinook 10

Belle saison

74ibu

This is for a case swap our brew club is holding in feb.

Making an imperial stout on Friday that will be aged on oak soaked in original recipe templeton rye...

Zymurgy recipe "Saison d'Potiron", a pumpkin Saison. May add 1/2 # of Midnight Wheat for color. Belle Saison.

Brewing a simple american red this saturday.

9 lbs. American 2-Row Malt
2 lbs. Crystal/Caramel Malt 40L
2 oz. Roasted Barley
2 oz Willamette at 60 minutes

Am sitting outside Keg Cowboy in Lexington, SC as I type this. Am making a list for a cream of three crops ale recipe that I'm going to make soon, possibly this weekend or next.

This was one of my very favorites that I made and it was my first AG attempt ever!

Fu*K yeah! Brewing this weekend!!

My version of an English mild with special b. Going to use a high super short mash and see how it goes.

Brew day!

Got my ingredients coming in tomorrow (hopefully not too late)! Trying the 'She Devil' Belgian Tripel recipe off of beersmith. Shooting for 1.095 so it should be fun :cross:

Built me a Honey Orange Wheat tonight. Efficiency kinda sucked so ended up putting everything in the fermenter. Should be a good summer brew.

Brewing up what has turned into an annual holiday favorite, Spiced Christmas Ale. Starter is ready for Saturday's brew day. Someone tell me how this w/e gets any better; what with all of the sports on TV. Go Tigers!!! Go Spartans!! Go Lions!!! LOL!!!:mug:

Have my yeast starter priming up for a Belgian Blonde Ale tomorrow. With a cold front pushing through overnight, it should be an awesome day to be outside with the kettle boiling. :mug:

NTXBrauer said:
Have my yeast starter priming up for a Belgian Blonde Ale tomorrow. With a cold front pushing through overnight, it should be an awesome day to be outside with the kettle boiling. :mug:
this! Gonna brew a citra ipa tomorrow and watch the temp drop 20f while im doing it!!! Cant wait.

Got a AG brown ale kit from Austin supply for $18 on sale since I'm using my own yeast. Gonna brew that up tomorrow. I am changing it a bit and adding 1 pound of Quick oats that I'll roast a bit before mashing. We'll see what happens.

Brewed up a Partial Mash Oatmeal Stout kit from northern Brewer Last Night. Just took a look at it this morning and its fermenting away!!

Brewing an American wheat this weekend. Any suggestions on what to do to it?? I am not sure what to add, if anything.

Got a AG brown ale kit from Austin supply for $18 on sale since I'm using my own yeast. Gonna brew that up tomorrow. I am changing it a bit and adding 1 pound of Quick oats that I'll roast a bit before mashing. We'll see what happens.

YUMMY! careful about stuck sparging with that much oatmeal. Use lots of rice hulls. Oh, and if you take my advice don't forget to send me one!!:drunk::tank:

Just got back from LHBS for my specialty grains. Brewing Moody_Copperpot's "Santy Baby" Christmas ale tomorrow. Should be enough time to age for the dead of winter.. I hope :cross: Then, I'll be adding some maltodextrin to my already-kegged brown ale, then kegging my Heady Topper clone... Can't wait!

Spent a couple hours today moving a batch of American Amber to secondary and bottling a batch of ShockTop clone wit. I have everything ready for a brew day tomorrow. Planning to build a simple Irish red.

brewed a big belgian trippel today, my pre boil was 1.036 but i took this when the water was about to boil, then my finishing gravity was 1.082 so missed my target by .002 which im very happy about. any idea what my actual pre boil gravity was id love to figure out my effeciancy since its my second BIAB and third brew in general.

Brewing an American wheat this weekend. Any suggestions on what to do to it?? I am not sure what to add, if anything.

I have an American Wheat on tap right now. I dry hopped it with 1 oz of citra. It is a winner in my book. Not overpowering, but makes the wheat a bit more interesting. It is also great for folks like me that like a hit of hops aroma/flavor but are not into the bitterness of IPA's

YUMMY! careful about stuck sparging with that much oatmeal. Use lots of rice hulls. Oh, and if you take my advice don't forget to send me one!!:drunk::tank:

I don't sparge since I use the BIAB method. Still, I've never used quick oats before so who knows what will happen to my bag.

I've been tempted to add some vanilla and cinnamon also. Radical brewing lists those things to make their oatmeal cookie ale. But I'm a coward and will probably make the brown in a purer form. Spiced beers are good when you have one bottle every now and then, but a whole keg when I only have 2 taps? I'm thinking not
What spices are you using in your Christmas ale?

brewed a big belgian trippel today, my pre boil was 1.036 but i took this when the water was about to boil, then my finishing gravity was 1.082 so missed my target by .002 which im very happy about. any idea what my actual pre boil gravity was id love to figure out my effeciancy since its my second BIAB and third brew in general.

Probably about 1.072 on 90 min boil. Just my drunking guess though! Lol

Thinking of brewing a 10G batch of my house double IPA tomorrow (the Stone Ruination clone recipe). We'll see how I'm feeling after my ... uh... "research" into other beer recipes tonight.

Back