Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For you Destiny players on PS3/4, what is the point of this game? Run around and kill things to get points to buy better weapons to make it easier to run around and kill things?

I really tried to get into it and was hoping it would get better, but I think I just wasted a few hours of my day. Going to take it back to Wal-Mart tomorrow.

Just got slender: the arrival on xbox. Seems like a bigger version of white noise but its got some creep factor. Even after the first time the slender got me, my hair were still standing

For you Destiny players on PS3/4, what is the point of this game? Run around and kill things to get points to buy better weapons to make it easier to run around and kill things?

Destiny really doesn't start until you reach level 20 for the most part.

Awesome game! :mug:

Wal-Mart sure is funny. They'll let people steal things and bring it back in without a receipt and give them money for it, but they wouldn't give me my money back with a receipt for a game I purchased yesterday. Going on Craigslist even if I have to take a loss.

Just don't have time anymore! PS3 acts as DVD player and Netflix streaming device. Used to be big into any sports games and back in high school battlefield on the computer...

Found some old NES games when cleaning stuff out of my parents house then I saw an article today talking about selling old games... Ya looks like I could get $50 for my original megaman ! Might need to sell some of this, especially since you can play every single old console game on a PC!

So you do stuff besides running around and kill stuff to get more weapons to kill stuff?

Isn't this the essence of all video games?

Joking aside, I wonder if any homebrewers play Ace Combat Infinity on PS3. Flying airplanes around blowing stuff up, so that I can buy more airplanes to blow more stuff up.

I sorta feel like games have evolved away from anything I'm interested in. I tended to like really elaborate, turn-based games, where you carefully plan your moves one step at a time. In the late 90s everything went twitch-shooter, but even that has been eclipsed by games with elaborate scripted cinematic effects... As soon as you leave the building, a tank blasts through the other wall and everything explodes, but if you sat in that building for three hours having a picnic, nothing would happen until you finally toddle through the exit. It feels really condescending, as though gamers have the attention span of six-week-old kittens.

I sorta feel like games have evolved away from anything I'm interested in. I tended to like really elaborate, turn-based games, where you carefully plan your moves one step at a time. In the late 90s everything went twitch-shooter, but even that has been eclipsed by games with elaborate scripted cinematic effects... As soon as you leave the building, a tank blasts through the other wall and everything explodes, but if you sat in that building for three hours having a picnic, nothing would happen until you finally toddle through the exit. It feels really condescending, as though gamers have the attention span of six-week-old kittens.

I was gonna finish this post, but I got distracted and started watching cat videos on Vine.

As far as the evolution of games, I think it's gone a similar route to music, most of the big boys are recycling material and going for show, and the indies are doing genuinely cool things.

Platforms like XBLA are JMO great for gamers, it gets them in contact with indie developers.

As far as the genre you like to play, I'm sure there's way more than a few games like that. The reason turnbased got phased out for RTS is because games could handle that much processing. I love my old games and my new games. I have Megaman in my games for my XBox because I love platformers. I'm gonna get a Wii U to play the new Mario game, but also to get some of my favorite old school platformers, like Metroid series, and more.

I've been playing Destiny since it came out. I've really enjoyed it especially after Titanfall was sort of a let down.

Sounds like Final Fantasy to me!

I partial to action RPGs like Skyrim, Dark Souls, Witcher series and the like. I'm currently playing Darksiders 2, it's surprisingly good. Next on tap is Fallout 3.

Sounds like Final Fantasy to me!

I partial to action RPGs like Skyrim, Dark Souls, Witcher series and the like. I'm currently playing Darksiders 2, it's surprisingly good. Next on tap is Fallout 3.

How bad is it that I actually enjoyed the first two Fallout games more than 3. Dont get me wrong 3 was good it just wasnt the same

Favorite games of all time.

Ditto. There are few things I dislike about the Playstation 1 Final Fantasy games. As a matter of fact, I regularly listen to the soundtracks at works. Makes a boring day seem that much more adventurous :mug:

Anyone picking up the new "Zelda" (quotations because it's not canon) game?

How bad is it that I actually enjoyed the first two Fallout games more than 3. Dont get me wrong 3 was good it just wasnt the same

I never played the first two. Stumbled across Fallout 3 after Skyrim. Enjoyed F3 more than Skyrim, and I enjoyed Skyrim immensly. Now I am playing New Vegas and not enjoying it as much.

Favorite games of all time.

I've been thinking of getting an emulator or something to go back and play all the old games...so much to catch up on.

I watched a video of the new FFXV and it looks like they completely changed the turn base style :(

I've been thinking of getting an emulator or something to go back and play all the old games...so much to catch up on.

I watched a video of the new FFXV and it looks like they completely changed the turn base style :(

They left the old style turn based somewhere around FFX. The new one looks amazing though.

I still have my NES, PS1, PS2 and about 4 other systems hooked into a switcher to go to my TV. I replayed FFVII not too long ago actually. It was a blast. The story and gameplay is far and above most things out there now.

I never played the first two. Stumbled across Fallout 3 after Skyrim. Enjoyed F3 more than Skyrim, and I enjoyed Skyrim immensly. Now I am playing New Vegas and not enjoying it as much.

It was different. It gave you the option of turn based or more real time. And was in that 3/4 top perspective. Same type of humor and loaded with easter eggs.

Check out XCOM Enemy unkown and Civ 5. These two games are the only games i really enjoyed playing in a the last couple years.

Both are turn based strategy games.

Got my PS4 two weeks ago. Only thing I got right now is Infamous Second Son. Pretty good game, beat it twice already. Really shows off the improved graphics, and frame rates the PS4 can dish out and incorporates a lot of the new PS4 functions like the swipe pad and speaker on the controller. Right now there isn't too many games out there for the PS4 that interest me. A lot of exclusives have been grabbed by Microsoft. I think in gonna get "The Last of Us" remastered, never played the original. Other than that I'm waiting on Assassins Creed Unity and Uncharted 4.

Drunken RBI baseball best ever...hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I am a big wuss when it comes to cinematic effects, I cringe and want to throw the controller. Then they tell you which way to walk and when to press which button. These are our class A games these days. Who the heck keeps buying this stuff? I picture a entire generations of OCD basement dwelling dweebs.

There is a dollar store near my workplace I stop at to buy gatorade, noticed yesterday they have a couple plug-and-play Sega's for 40 dollars with 80 built in games. Golden Axe 1, 2 & 3? Did you KNOW there were more than one? Shinobi? Definitely going back, even if I keep it boxed for whenever I have kids.

The only console games i've been playing lately is Mario Kart 8 on the Wii u. Cant wait for Super Smash Bros comes out.

Wii u master race.

The last of us is easily one of the best games I've ever played. Been gaming for 20 years or so.

Don't get me wrong, love the classics. But this game is on a whole other level.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Wow sorry for the triple posts. My mobile app kept giving error messages as if it wasn't posting

Back