Two kegs, one tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muchgooder

Reaction score
I have a kegerator with a half-full keg of Molson Canadian. My wife bought me a home brewing kit for Christmas and it has been a week since I put my first homebrew in a cornelius keg (with a separate co2 tank carbonating it). I don't want to wait until the half keg is done. is there any problem with taking that keg out of the kegerator and hooking up the kegerator? i can keep it chilled. If it is ok, should I hook it up to the second co2 unit or not bother?

You should be good (as long as you have the connectionsfor the tap- sankey vs ball/pin lock). My only concern is the carbonation of your homebrew. I take it you've been force carbing? Over an extended time, like this, it SHOULD be ok... But CO2 does dissolve better when the beer is cold. You may have to re carb the Molson when you put it back in (unless you keep it under pressure), as well as let the homebrew chill some.

You should be good (as long as you have the connectionsfor the tap- sankey vs ball/pin lock). My only concern is the carbonation of your homebrew. I take it you've been force carbing? Over an extended time, like this, it SHOULD be ok... But CO2 does dissolve better when the beer is cold. You may have to re carb the Molson when you put it back in (unless you keep it under pressure), as well as let the homebrew chill some.

Thank you so much for your response. Yeah, I was thinking that I could just shut down the keg at the source (I'm sorry, I forget the terminology) and take that connection and hook it up to the cornelius keg. does that make sense?

(sorry for the noob terminology)

Or, my best method of clearing the inventory, you can call some buddies over and kill what's left of the Molson. That's what I'd do. If I was anywhere close, I'd help you out.
Beers Bro',
Ken

Back