seasonal beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradjoiner

Reaction score
so i already did the bee cave kolsch for summer and have decided to use the same yeast for the bee cave oktoberfest ale and that got me thinking i can do a beer for each season all from the same tube of wlp029 yeast so i am for sure going to do a bock with this yeast in early spring (february in texas) and will be doing a maibock in may with this yeast. if anyone has any good bock or maibock recipes that you think would be good for this please post them. also if anyone has any ideas of a winter/christmas beer that i could try to use wlp029 german ale yeast for please post them also

I'm not saying your can't use that yeast to make a winter brew, but you won't find a German beer style to fit it. Because of the Reinheitsgebot, most German beer makers frown on the addition of spices or any adjuncts. Christmas style beers are on that list.

yeah thats what i was thinking. i might just end up brewing th bock for inter since it relly doesnt ever get cold here

Back