Looking for parts list to make a vacuum gauge on MLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worldzfree

Reaction score
I am concerned my pump is drawing too hard and want to make some type of inline vacuum gauge on the pump inlet. I saw a post where someone said they made one but I am unable to get a response via PM from the OP. Looking to see if anyone else has made one and if you could hook me up with a parts list.

-Cheers

I think you would just need the guage mounted on a Tee inline with the pump intake. You could mount this tee either at the MLT outlet, or on the pump inlet. I'm not sure what good this would do. If you are getting compacted mash by pulling too hard with the pump, then you will need a better screen/falsebottom/manifold in your MLT. Good luck.

if you put a tee on both sides of the pump with valves and a gauge in the middle, you can check your differential, and suction and discharge. I always use like 1/4" nipple to a valve to a tee- come out the top of the tee with your gauge and 1/4" MPT x compression to 1/4 tubing run to your other valve into your outlet.

Back