Looking for a new system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Drinklestien

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been brewing with the grainfather systems for the last 5-6 years, started with the original then moved up to the G20 where I can brew 17 gallon batches. The G20 is Ok... has its pros and its cons. Looking to move up to an electric 1 BBL system in the next year but need to aim to keep the draw around 40-50 amps due to only having only 80 amps in my backyard brewery (bad call when I went with 2 gauge alum wire instead of copper. @65ft run..). I have an electric water tank and a heat pump running off the panel so need to make sure i'm not drawing more than what I have available. I also have to work with a ceiling height of 7' 9", if a grain basket is required I would need to consider a hoisting mech. Price wise I looked into the BREWHA 1.5BBL system but it's a tad too large, the next size down would match my current system batch size wise so not worth the upgrade. I looked into the Spike Trio 50 gallon, was hoping someone here had some experience with this setup and a solid review, it's pretty costly so I want to get some outside opinions. I've seen the reviews on the Spike site but i'd rather hear something other than a site review as well as some pics of the 50 gal system, I was hoping there was a front cleanout on the mash tun on this model. I have a spike conical and it's great, I have faith in the spike brand but it's a lot of coin to be considered here.

Hey look at that ,my cherry popping post...

Cheers

I have 5 taps in house i like to keep stocked w/reserves. I have family and other acquaintances that have been grabbing kegs from me as well and more outside inquires that would also like me to supply them with kegs (5 gal), t I can't meet any of the demand and keep my taps filled due to current system batch size limitations.

Thanks for the link!

Cheers

Back