Hello from the hills of West Virginia......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bogeywv83

Reaction score
i am new to the forum, just joined today.........where i live it is hard to get microbrews from smaller places around the u.s. So i am deciding to get in to home brewing and no nothing about it, id like to start off simple and work my way up......if anyone can give me any help on what equipment to buy and where to buy them that would be great, thanks

Welcome! Good reason to join.:mug:

Sites like NorthernBrewer.com, RebelBrewer.com, & AustinHomeBrew.com have everything you need if you don't have a local homebrew shop near you. I've used the first 2 quite a bit because they have $7.99 S/H (though I don't think that applies when you buy buckets/carboys). A starter equipment kit will give you most of the things you need. Not everything in them is absolutely necessary, but a lot of them make brewing easier. I just saw a starter kit link in another thread from South Hills Brewing in Pittsburgh, and that looked like a good price(http://www.southhillsbrewing.com/product_detail.asp?category=143&product={68D46C8D-EA8F-4B19-826F-FAB6B3FEFC9F}), though there are smaller kits that are cheaper.

Welcome aboard! Great advice so far, and I'd add that you're in the right place to learn, so take your time and read through as many of the stickied posts as possible, the FAQs, do searches (as most of the beginner questions you will have have been asked and answered already) and try and soak it all in. It can seem overwhelming, but the more you read and the more you brew the easier (and better!) it gets.

Welcome aboard... there's currently a good thread going on in the beginners section talking about getting an inexpensive equipment setup...

Cheers!

With your first homebrew attmept, you'll probably be asking yourself, "Am I doing this right? Is it supposed to look like that?" The answer is probably "Yes."

AGREED, on everything Haplo said, including the South Hills Brewing.

We do need to know what part of the state you live in though. If you live near Morgantown, or some other "Major" metropolatine area you should go into a "LHBS Local Home Brew Supply" store and they will help you on this wagon.

Other wise, and even also you should Read Palmers book as suggested, Its free online, but In my opinion the hands down best thing to own as a beginer.

Latest posts

Back