Sam Adams Imperial White Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMbrewer

Reaction score
Any one out there tried to clone SA Imperial White beer? There is not enough of this stuff in my town to last me the summer!!! Would like to hear about any attempt!

Cheers~!

I would also like to hear of this if anyone has tried it. I was going to try using two AHS Belgian Wit all grain kits to a 5 gallon batch and see if that came close. Anyone tried it? Any reason why I shouldn't try it?:confused:

Well, I brewed this bad boy about a month ago:
http://www.realbeer.com/discussions/archive/index.php/t-10927.html
I also added 2lbs flaked wheat. Not sure why, as this was already more grain than my 10 gallon MLT could swallow without a very thick mash.

Anyway, it's almost finished with fermentation now (1010) and needs a couple of weeks to condition before I bottle it. It's similar to the SA in the way that any Hefe you make will be similar to Hennepin/Omegang. The alcohol slaps you hard right now but hopefully aging will help that. It's at 12% ABV right now, and the SA is only 10.3. If I had to change something I would leave out 2lbs of the honey to reduce the alcohol a bit. It didn't have nearly the alcohol heat after the first 2lbs that it does now. At any rate I think it will be good (as much $$$ as it cost I sure hope it will be) and will try and report back in a few months after it's had some time to bottle condition a bit.

Back