Has brewing changed the way you look at things?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBasile

Reaction score
I was at a girls house a while back and I noticed she had a gas stove (I have electric) and my thought when I saw that was "If I dated her, I could make my starters in the flask right on the stove!" :rockin:

Has brewing changed the way anyone else looks at things?

When being forced to go shopping with the missus, I now pay attention to the kitchen equipment. Does that count? ;)

In actuality, I pay more attention to EVERYTHING that could be adapted for use in a rig. I just keep quiet about my true intentions.

"I got some quick oats, honey, we looked a bit low. Oh yeah, brown sugar, I don't think we have any"

When being forced to go shopping with the missus, I now pay attention to the kitchen equipment. Does that count? ;)

In actuality, I pay more attention to EVERYTHING that could be adapted for use in a rig. I just keep quiet about my true intentions.

"I got some quick oats, honey, we looked a bit low. Oh yeah, brown sugar, I don't think we have any"
LOL...me too!!! ;):D

You know me, I was just pulling his chain...:mug:

I was at a girls house a while back and I noticed she had a gas stove (I have electric) and my thought when I saw that was "If I dated her, I could make my starters in the flask right on the stove!"

Has brewing changed the way anyone else looks at things?

It means you're a sociopath. Don't blame it on the beer.

here is a test:

VC116871l.jpg

Whats the first thing you thought of?

I walk through any stores or farmer's markets thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder how THAT will ferment"..........................

Yeah, I'm ridiculous at farmer's markets... Pretty much any fruit of veggie is considered! I even saw an Amish stand with shoo-fly pies and thought, "how can I reproduce THAT?!?!?"

Just this very day, wifey was asking me why I was so goddamned adamant that she needed a good oven thermometer. She said she didn't want one.....I told her she did. She said no really, I don't want one, i just set the oven temp and walk away...............Listen woman!!! Do you WANT me to burn my home roasted grains? Just let me buy you a fooking oven thermometer for your fooking kitchen and be grateful that I want you to have good cooking equipment dammit!!!!....By the way honey, please try to forget that I accidentally mentioned roasting grain.

Married life can be so hard sometimes. ;)

Married life can be so hard sometimes. ;)

Yeah, no kidding! You should see the spouse's face when you mention that you're driving over 1000 miles to brew with people you've never met, all of whom are of the opposite sex. Or when you mention you're driving 2000 miles round trip alone to go to the National Homebrewer's Conference. Or that you're having strange people over to brew in your house.

They way they act, you'd think I was doing something strange. :D

Yeah, no kidding! You should see the spouse's face when you mention that you're driving over 1000 miles to brew with people you've never met, all of whom are of the opposite sex. Or when you mention you're driving 2000 miles round trip alone to go to the National Homebrewer's Conference. Or that you're having strange people over to brew in your house.

They way they act, you'd think I was doing something strange. :D

Well that's pretty simple dear, you should be married to me instead of him. ;)

Not only would that be perfectly normal, but we'd be going to do that stuff together. (That and having wild sex in the rest stop on the way of course.) :ban:

Note to self: Revvy is attracted to women that will drive 1000 miles in the opposite direction while he is having wild sex (presumably with himself) in a rest stop........Aha! OK then! ;)

Latest posts

Back