Any NHL fans here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here come the hawks ....the mighty, black hawks ..........thier flying high yea,, lets go you black hawks.

i forget the rest

If the series is anything like last nights game, really looking forward to Kings vs Sharks. I hope they beat the hell out of each other so my Blues can just step over the carcass'.

Jets fan here. It would be so easy to be a Flames or Oilers fan, not hanging on to your seat to see if they are making the playoffs. You guys can take it easy aqbout a third into the season knowing another high draft pick is headed your way.

Jets fan here. It would be so easy to be a Flames or Oilers fan, not hanging on to your seat to see if they are making the playoffs. You guys can take it easy aqbout a third into the season knowing another high draft pick is headed your way.
easy to talk when you inherit a team after losing yours for 15 years because you did support them. through thick and thin at least oilers and flames fans showed up to watch the team instead of jumping off the bandwagon. after a couple years of not making the playoffs and the honeymoon period is over let's see if you still have fans in the building.

MN Wild fan

"This sport was here
Before we came
It will be here when we're gone
The game's in our blood
And our blood's in the game
Lay us down under
A frozen pond"

Ok there's some chees-iness in our song. But damn, there will be frozen ponds here by Mermorial day this year.

MN Wild fan

"This sport was here
Before we came
It will be here when we're gone
The game's in our blood
And our blood's in the game
Lay us down under
A frozen pond"

Ok there's some chees-iness in our song. But damn, there will be frozen ponds here by Mermorial day this year.

Ever since I've posted I've been wondering when another Wild fan was going to post. Go Wild! Our song is great btw.

easy to talk when you inherit a team after losing yours for 15 years because you did support them. through thick and thin at least oilers and flames fans showed up to watch the team instead of jumping off the bandwagon. after a couple years of not making the playoffs and the honeymoon period is over let's see if you still have fans in the building.

Actually the Flames were in huge trouble not too long ago - the team was going to fold and move just like Winnipeg and Quebec. It took pleas (and threats) from management to get the fans back in to the seats and they needed to run season-ticket purchasing campaigns for 2 years to do so.

The Oilers also faced big trouble for a few years starting in 1994. Their attendance was actually worse than the Flames' lean years, and was nearly identical to that of the Winnipeg Jets from 94-96.

In fact, the Winnipeg Jets attendance was relatively consistent compared to these other two teams - what screwed them was a small arena and a Canadian dollar that was worth 40% less than it's US counterpart. Hard to keep the team around when the stadium is at capacity with only 15,000 seats.

Hawks fan since birth - when people didn't go to the games because there was no TV coverage and most of the people that lived in and around the City of Chicago had no idea that there was even a professional hockey team in town.

I don't follow the NHL too much but I guess I'm a Stars fan by default, born and raised here. I enjoy a good game no matter who's playing. Any beer leaguers in here?

Awful lot of scumhawks fans in here. Blues all the way!

Although I've recently moved to Blue Jacket territory which is quite the downgrade.

Latest posts

Back