Breaking Bad!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's going to put the ricin in

schraderbrau1.jpg

All great actors but I think Aaron Paul (Jesse) is the killer actor in the series.
Gonna miss this show but they've done a great job and to continue forever would surely see it lose some of it's ummphh!

grasshopperfirestarter said:
Aaron is Awesome! As an actor definitely and friend! We lived in the same building in Hollywood when he got the part. I helped him carry in his fridge!

That is freaking epic!!

didn't expect Hank to confront Walt like he did. thought he would play it cool, gather more evidence, give Walt some rope to hang himself

Walt's threat, "tread lightly." will Hank let Walt get away with it, to save his own career and his marriage?

if Hank doesn't, how does the public find out that Walter is Heisenberg? Lydia, oh, Lydia, oh, have you seen Lydia? Lydia, the tattooed lady

Badger and Skinny Pete need to follow Saul over to his spinoff, along with Lavell.

Talking Bad was pretty good, but needs the full hour like Talking Dead. but it also needs behind-the-scenes and sneak preview clips, not "Vince describes something about next week's show"

and why don't ALL TV series have aftershows like that? I like the discussions here (and other recap sites) about TV shows, like getting others' opinions on what happened and what will happen. hated Hardwick when he did Web Soup, but this kind of show is perfect for him

POSSIBLE SPOILERS in white text. highlight to read

think that Hank will just come out and tell Jesse, "we know Walter White is Heisenberg, tell us what we need, we'll let you walk"

and

do you think that Jesse will rat Walter out?

END SPOILERS

think that Hank will just come out and tell Jesse, "we know Walter White is Heisenberg, tell us what we need, we'll let you walk"

and

END SPOILERS

I was thinking this too, and I think he will.

Love the show. I worked with the sound engineers a couple of months back to do audio recordings of my car to be dubbed in for Walter's car. In the show Walter now has a new Chrysler 300 SRT8 (392CI/6.4L Hemi), but they wanted to kick up the audio a notch. Since my SRT8 is now supercharged and has a great sounding exhaust, we spent an afternoon doing low speed, high speed, swearving and all kinds of other maneuvers. With the exception of the first episode of the new season (it was edited last year), anytime you hear audio of Walter's car, it was me. I got to see several clips of the new season so that I could recreate the audio for it. I had 8 mic's on the car and another 3 sound guys in the road recording. It was a fun way to spend an afternoon!

Dude...I think they used your car sounds for the last episode. That's awesome.

and

END SPOILERS

No way... you must have caught up on the episodes during the Summer, if you watched for the last 5 years from the beginning, in real time, you would know it ain't gonna happen. Hank will simply snap Jesse out of his " guilt trip funk" and get him thinking again.

I feel that putting the coordinates to the buried money on one lottery ticket will be Walters demise. I don't even know if any state allows a 3 digit number as a pick. Seems suspicious to me. I would have split the coordinates on a number of tickets. Unless, Walter is feeling like his memory is going. He never has had trouble remembering numbers before.

No way... you must have caught up on the episodes during the Summer, if you watched for the last 5 years from the beginning, in real time, you would know it ain't gonna happen. Hank will simply snap Jesse out of his " guilt trip funk" and get him thinking again.

good call... I'm thinking you're right

it would depend on if Jesse ever found out about Jane, Brock or Mike

I feel that putting the coordinates to the buried money on one lottery ticket will be Walters demise. I don't even know if any state allows a 3 digit number as a pick. Seems suspicious to me. I would have split the coordinates on a number of tickets. Unless, Walter is feeling like his memory is going. He never has had trouble remembering numbers before.

might be for Skyler's benefit

Yes, they did.... smokey burnout and all. :)

Starting with that episode and continuing through the end of the season, any time your "hear" Walter in his black SRT8, that was me!

That's sweet! I gotta see this ride of yours.

good call... I'm thinking you're right

it would depend on if Jesse ever found out about Jane, Brock or Mike

might be for Skyler's benefit

Jesse is not going to find out about Jane, Brock or Mike. I thought about the Skyler benefit. I'm not sure she is smart enough. Walt could tell her but would she dig it up? Who would help her? Saul? Hank is smart enough to figure it out. What if in the end Saul ends up with everything?

Hector worked with Walt(who he hated) to get Gus. Maybe that was foreshadowing for Jessie working with hank(who he hates) to get Walt.

I just don't know where Jessie's loyalty is right now , he knows Walt killed mike.

Crazy episode. I didn't see any of that coming.

It went like I expected for the most part. The fact that Hank didn't fess up with the DEA left himself up to blackmail. I didn't like the storyline that he would lose his job if he presented his evidence. The Jesse story went like I thought. He wasn't going to rat out Walter. The Jesse part of leaving town with new identity was weak. I didn't think that he would be written out of the story this early. The part where he realized his pocket was picked by Saul when the Ricin cigaret went missing was a good reminder of that storyline. The ending with the gas pouring in the house. We know he doesn't burn the house. Why was the gun so frozen in the soda machine? A little weak so far.. hope it get's more real.

I didn't like the storyline that he would lose his job if he presented his evidence.

One of the more realistic story lines, surprised you have a problem with it.

This show is tough to watch this season..Not saying it's a bad show, but I just sit on my couch with an uneasy feeling in my stomach knowing that it's all unraveling.

I like the show this season. I'm the guy who is pulling against Walter, I like it that his world is crashing around him. I like it that Jesse has come to terms with what he's done. Jesse is becoming a grown man and is now understanding the crimes he unknowingly and knowingly committed. Like his girl friend/landlord that died, or the kid who got hurt, or the long list of people that got killed or shot, like hank. The act of burning down a house was literal and also figurative of how he felt.

One of the more realistic story lines, surprised you have a problem with it.

This show is tough to watch this season..Not saying it's a bad show, but I just sit on my couch with an uneasy feeling in my stomach knowing that it's all unraveling.

It took me a good hour to unwind after that one. Everything about it was filled with so much anxiety. The meeting in the desert, were Walt wouldn't take his hands out of his pockets, when he hugged him. Even though I know Jessie wouldn't be killed, I still thought, is he going to pull a gun,choke him etc..

The restaurant scene, I thought either walt or hank would hit that waiter :)

I would have never quessed that Skylar would be complicit in framing Hank and that video was just awesome. I'm still conflicted and I'm probably one of the few that wants Walt to go out on his own terms and Jessie to move on to 'Alaska', but I'd like to see Hank do down, but I don't see that happening.

Greatest confession of all time!

Spoilers!!!

One thing for those that like to make predictions: In the "flash forward" the house doesn't look burned, but in the previews of next episode, you can see Jessie clearly walking away from an office building (maybe DEA?). So, I have to assume, Jessie is stopped from burning the house down, but is not killed by Walt. Very interesting...

It's rare I recommend a show. I'm usually the only one I know watching it.( Like Breaking Bad), But if you want to try out a series, I suggest "The Bridge" You can still catch up and maybe the show will last.

Spoilers

How big of a reach is it that Jesse realized that because of him being pickpocketed for his weed (or meth or whatever) that he realized he was pickpocketed for the ricin? Seriously, what a freaking reach. And Brock wasn't poisoned with the ricin anyway. That jump was too big of a stretch. I would have more imagined Jesse finding out by visiting Walt and seeing the Lily of the Valley plant. Of course Jesse is a moron and a weak character anyway. Everyone loves him but I don't get it.

It was a jump...I don't like him.

I don't care for how they make him about to be this big victim that walt has brought down. Don't forget he was Cap'n Cook with his Chili P long before walt came into the picture.

He needs to go, he has since Gus wanted to kill him and Walt worked so hard to keep him alive, at a huge cost.

Jesse is awesome YO!

;)

That was wierd for me too. I thought I had missed something. In fact, I thought Walt had intentionally slipped him back the same pack of cigs or something, kinda a farewell eff you.

I don't know if it was a huge reach, because he was always suspicious about WTF happened to that cigarette, and he has grown more wary of Walt over time, to the point where he clearly doesn't trust a single thing Walt says at this point. So, I imagine that one of the things he has spent a lot of time doing while sitting around by himself in his apartment is going over all the things that have happened in recent history, and re-evaluating the context in light of his knowledge that Walt has been manipulating him for such a long time.

He knew Gus didn't poison Brock, but he also knew that Walt desperately needed his help to take Gus down. Jesse might be an uneducated manic-depressive drug addict, but he does have the occasional insight.

I would have more imagined Jesse finding out by visiting Walt and seeing the Lily of the Valley plant.

This would be impossible, since Walt got rid of the plant in the first episode of Season 5.

First, leave it to Saul to give up enough dirt on Walter to push Jesse over the edge. Effing Lawyers.

I don't care for how they make him about to be this big victim that walt has brought down. Don't forget he was Cap'n Cook with his Chili P long before walt came into the picture.

Jesse started the show as a sniveling, snot nosed, know nothing wanna be drug dealer who looked up to both Walt and Mike as father figures during the show. He's been forced to grow up in a hurry under dire circumstances and is completely disillusioned with his choices, his actions and his life at this point. Personally, I think he's suicidal and I wouldn't be surprised if he kills himself at some point very soon.

I don't know if it was a huge reach, because he was always suspicious about WTF happened to that cigarette, and he has grown more wary of Walt over time, to the point where he clearly doesn't trust a single thing Walt says at this point. So, I imagine that one of the things he has spent a lot of time doing while sitting around by himself in his apartment is going over all the things that have happened in recent history, and re-evaluating the context in light of his knowledge that Walt has been manipulating him for such a long time.

He knew Gus didn't poison Brock, but he also knew that Walt desperately needed his help to take Gus down. Jesse might be an uneducated manic-depressive drug addict, but he does have the occasional insight.

This.

I saw the setup against Hank coming a mile away when Skyler started paying Marie for Hank's treatments under the table. I thought, oh that will come back to bite them. Ironic considering that Skyler was accepting payments under the table from Gretchen & Elliott Schwartz before Walt found out and put the kibosh on it. Between Hank's obvious fanatical devotion to the Heisenberg case, his near-death beating of Jesse Pinkman, his elevated position in the DEA and his Wife being complicit of accepting drug money for his surgeries and physical therapy, Hank is completely screwed unless he has a witness willing to turn on Walt. He doesn't have the evidence to do squat otherwise.

It wouldn't surprise me if Skyler isn't the one holding all the marbles at the end.

As addicting as....homebrewing? I swear sometimes when I'm making my starter with the flask I feel like Heisenberg.

I guarantee that's what a few of my neighbors think I'm up to when I'm brewing in my garage (cooking meth). I kinda like being that guy in the neighborhood that people are whispering about though...troublemaker in me. I learned it from being a youngest I think.

Back