Brewing at Rogue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool!

So, new girl question, do we get one of these bottles at NHC? I would love to try the REAL RyePA, as brewed by Mr. Conn.

:mug:

Oh that's awesome.

I believe there will be 4 to choose from and you get to pick 3 when you register. In addition, we'll have extra kegs of it available at the opening ceremony and other events. And on club night at our club booth I'll be serving a version I homebrewed so you can compare the 2. The Rogue version is made with Pacman and my version will be made with WY1450.

Denny said:
Imagine that! ;)

Pretty fond of it myself, actually. I'm just about to kick another deadguy clone I used it on. No one ever seems to have Pacman when I need it : )

Very cool. I had to take my own gear when I brewed at Rogue (last year's Hop Madness at Chatoe Rogue in Independence).

Caldera is John Meier's old partner's place, isn't it? Rogue started out in Ashland if I remember correctly, before moving to Newport. John bought out his partner(s) and one of them started Caldera afterward, no?
Decent beers, love that they can theirs, but I'm no big fan.
-At least they're not $11.99 a six pack around here:)

Love Caldera, but their Mogli needs to be available in bottles. At least I got to have it on draft once.

Mongrel said:
Love Caldera, but their Mogli needs to be available in bottles. At least I got to have it on draft once.

When we were there last year, they had Mogli in bottles. You going to the Brewfest again
Mongrel?

Good work Denny. Any chance you have a 2000 mile serving line? I'll drink it straight outta that fermentor :drunk:

Is there any chance this could be a permanent offering from rogue? That's a great beer, and there's not any commercial examples I'm aware of that taste similar.

Caldera is John Meier's old partner's place, isn't it?)

Something like that...

some of their beers are outstanding and the owner is a fellow deadhead and generally nice guy.

Every once in a while one of the brewers have been kind enough to kick me down some 1056 slurry as well so they are super solid in my book. Their tap room is my personal favorite if anyone is down visiting Ashland should check it out
Sorry Denny I did not intend to hijack your thread

Congrats again on getting to work with Rogue that is pretty awesome

Is there any chance this could be a permanent offering from rogue? That's a great beer, and there's not any commercial examples I'm aware of that taste similar.

No plans of that, but who knows? Maybe if John is really blown away by the finished product....

Well done, Denny! Awesome!

I so wish I was going to the NHC... I have no idea why I didn't buy tickets... I'm 20 minutes from it!!! :drunk:

:mug:

Back