It's raining...vanilla beans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teromous

Beer Gnome
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had some headspace in my secondary after racking a beer into it, and simultaneously added a split, seeded, and chopped vanilla bean. I noticed that some condensation was building up inside the carboy, but didn't look at if very closely. Today I was looking very closely, and noticed vanilla dots inside the moisture drops. It looks just like the tiny black dots in vanilla bean ice cream. I just hope it gets cooler so they'll rain back into my beer! Those things are pricy haha :drunk:

I tried to get a good quality image but I'm not the best with cameras, and it can't zoom in enough to see the clusters of dots very well. I opened it up to wine-thief some of the goodness out and most of the moisture dropped but the bean seeds are still stuck to the sides. I could see small bean seeds in the beer after taking some out so it seems fine...it tastes delicious.

vanilla_beans1.jpg

Latest posts

Back