Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not a "funny" but an unusual, in that I've never seen it before, at least not attached to the beer itself

the full recipe for that beer.

quite a few breweries will list ingredients on their website, a few will share their recipes for those who ask and BrewDog released their entire recipe catalog, but I've never seen a recipe attached to a beer

never heard of this brewery/beer, no idea if it's any good & didn't buy it

edit: google-fu identifies it as a Ballast Point creation

View attachment 340978

The point of it is to taste it and try to recreate it yourself. There are competitions around the country to see who's the closest.

not a "funny" but an unusual, in that I've never seen it before, at least not attached to the beer itself

the full recipe for that beer.

quite a few breweries will list ingredients on their website, a few will share their recipes for those who ask and BrewDog released their entire recipe catalog, but I've never seen a recipe attached to a beer

never heard of this brewery/beer, no idea if it's any good & didn't buy it

edit: google-fu identifies it as a Ballast Point creation

View attachment 340978

The point of it is to taste it and try to recreate it yourself. There are competitions around the country to see who's the closest.

That's pretty cool actually. Not funny, but still beats 99% of the posts on here.

you made Al upset.

Picture 034.jpg

A coworker who tried Rickards Red last night "man that stuff fills you up! I asked the guy what it was like and he said like a meal. I had to switch beers after a few I was getting full".

Good guy, just not a beer drinker lol.

Whoa, Rhinelander! I remember when I was a freshman in college, my roommate bought a case the first weekend of school. The last weekend, we still had four bottles left. And this was in a three-man room with some heavy drinkers! That stuff was foul...

lol must have been young to just discern that it might have been good later...i bet it's hanging around someone else fridge lol:ban:

Or some kind of sad distinction, like "Handsomest Magic The Gathering Player," or "Most Athletic Computer Programmer," or "Smartest Kardashian."

Ha, true. There's a woman at my office who brags about being so much cooler than the rest of us nerdy engineers :rolleyes: to which I reply, "bragging about being the coolest engineer is like bragging about being the skinniest kid at fat camp."

They went through all that trouble and got the 2-color border wrong. Plus, no sorcery is gonna have split-second tacked onto it

Wow... And I thought I was the only MTG fan who was thinking that... Though the only two color cards I ever decked were bayous, tropical islands, and underground seas until a friend dragged me back in a few years ago.

Nothing like the faces of young players when you drop a mox or lotus first turn. I've had players ask "can I touch your lotus"... Haha

Ok enough geeking out... Back to brew-reading.

One of my friends compares every dark beer to Guinness. "It's like a heavier version of Guinness." "It's a sweeter version of Guinness." "It's a more bitter version of Guinness." It drives me crazy.

Yeah, didn't you know Guinness is the benchmark by which all non-BMC beers are judged?

What the blazes are you dorks even talking about?
What got the card industry through the 2000s after everyone stopped watching baseball. I can't say much though
I had a collection of first edition dnd books back in the 90s that I found in New Orleans at a tiny books store under a pile of junk.
Until I let a "friend" "borrow" them, that is. Never saw them again.

Anyway, back to beer.

All that, plus - is it a sorcery or is it a creature? Sorceries don't have power and toughness.

Oh god, how did I not catch that??? I am dissapoint...In myself. Actually havent played in years, just go through feverish deck building phases

Pretty sure any creature with 0 toughness, whether a result from summoning without any +1/+1 counters or something, or some effect that subtracts from it, dies as soon as all effects have resolved. Yeah that dude is toast as soon as he hits the field

Oh god, how did I not catch that??? I am dissapoint...In myself. Actually havent played in years, just go through feverish deck building phases

Pretty sure any creature with 0 toughness, whether a result from summoning without any +1/+1 counters or something, or some effect that subtracts from it, dies as soon as all effects have resolved. Yeah that dude is toast as soon as he hits the field

Yea it does. It would be DOA when it hits the field. But the sorcery doesn't hit the field it just lays on the stack.

Latest posts

Back