From Sin City!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustybrew

Reaction score
Hello HBT!

I recently moved down to Las Vegas and I'm sad to say there aren't any brew shops here (at least that I've been able to find)!

My buddy and I attempted a Mead about two years ago without a lot of success but as soon as I moved down here I ordered a kit from MoreBeer and have gotten started.

Found the forums by repeatedly searching n00b questions on google and kept finding all my answers here.

Thanks everybody!
~Rusty

Hey last time I was in vegas the Monte Carlo brewed their own. Maybe they know where to get supplies.

There was one over by the Trader Joe's, but that info is at least 20 years out of date.

Welcome to the valley.
And yes, you are correct. There are absolutely no HBS stores in Las Vegas. You will have to order online. Mountain Homebrew or Morebeer will give you the fastest deliveries.

Good luck brewing in the next couple months. It can be brutal spending a day in the sun (110 degrees) to brew an AG. But worth it:rockin:

just saw this, but welcome from another vegas guy.

as couevas mentioned, brewing in the summer is brutal. i found this out last weekend..lol

One advantage of brewing in the heat is that your grains will hold their temps really well. I used a kiddie pool to cool my wort and also to sit in between additions.

You could always go back to PM inside. Some of my best brews are still PM's despite the move to AG.

hey Rusty,

How has Vegas been so far? Brewed anything since you got here?
I am going to brew a Pale this weekend if my ingredients get here from Morebeer in time. Let me know if you want to have a brewparty.

Back