Hello from Reno

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montegod7ss

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been lurking here for a few days now looking around and want to start doing some brewing. I am a bit of a beer snob, as everyone here probably is, so I hope to get some nice beer out of this. If I wanted to brew Budweiser then I'd just buy it so hopefully the beers I enjoy aren't hard to simulate for a newb. I am drowning myself in Corona right now, and that is about as "cheap" as I normally go. My favs are definately not from this Continent and I usually lean towards the UK stuff like Newcastle, Guiness, Beamish etc. Thanks for all the good reading and hopefully I will be posting about my first batch soon!

Welcome to HBT!
I bet your tastes in beer will expand as you develop into this hobby. There are a lot of good beers being made in the US.

I didn't really phrase that correctly. What I meant was typically I don't drink yellow clear beer. I am a fan of Sam Adams and some others but overall I like dark beers like porters and stouts. This whole adventure is being overseen by the SWMBO and we both have a liking for Corona so I always have a case or so of that on hand. I am looking forward to broadening my beer horizons.

Good to see another eastern sierra brewer here. I live down in minden. The guy at reno homebrewer is great and they have alot in their shop.
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back