Air and foam in beer line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMAN335

Reaction score
Hi have any issue, resulting in extensive foam in my beeline and in my glass.

My keezer temp - is 34 degrees and using 3/16 tubing from keg to tap.

I kegged my beer purged the air and , pressured it @ 30PSI, for over 24hrs, depressurized the keg turn my the pressure down to 10 PSI, opened the tap and I hear gargling - air in the line.

I check my connections and i don’t see any leaks. I sprayed lines to check for air bubbles and I have my lines clamped down tight.

Any thoughts? :confused: as i thought after a day my air issue would of gone away

First thing to look at is the integrity of the o-ring under the Out dip tube. If that o-ring isn't perfect it will let CO2 in the head space to enter the beer stream at the Out post which will definitely cause a foamy spitting pour...

Cheers!

Is it a constant gurgling as you open the tap handle and foam constantly comes out or does it just do it at the beginning and then pours solid beer after a second or two?

now they are ATTACHED!

inside collar- beer leaks from nut.jpg

inside with correct hookups.jpg

outside beer leaks from adjustment holes.jpg

top view.jpg

I'm actually having this same problem. Ill let you know if I figure anything out.

Didn't you post this in another thread? It looks like you have your in/out QDs swapped. Remember grey = gas, black = beer (g=g,b=b)

Yeah. You have the gas in and the beer out lines switched. Where the keg says "in" is where the gas line should be connected to the keg not the tap line.

Yeah that what i get for reading directions on the conversion kit. what messed me up was the used keg i bought fit opposite. To worked around i swapped the lines and connections out and no more foam in line.

Back