Brewmeister Armegeddon -- 64% alcohol

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine that beer tastes like absolute AZZZZZZ. I think "drinkable" high ABV beers top out with the SA Utopia (27%), and even that one took me 6 months to drink 750 ml.

cute. why would they even bother putting the grain bill up on there? not sure you're going to taste anything but sugary sweet rocket fuel.

that article said:
"Delivers a supersonic-charged explosion and conveys the taster to Drunksville"

So the brewer is admitting that this is meant to be a quick way of getting drunk and not an interesting beer.
I think any brewery that tries to top the biggest beer record goes to the bottom of my list of breweries to try :D

The high alcohol content, to me, is kind of like when people go to extreme lengths to make the spiciest hot wings or chili. If you can make it taste good, then you have achieved spicy nirvana. But if it is at the expense of flavor, then what's the point?

It's only about $75 shipped for 330ml...:drunk:

But if it is at the expense of flavor, then what's the point?
Publicity...we are all talking about it now. How many folks heard of this brewery before?

jmendez29 said:
The high alcohol content, to me, is kind of like when people go to extreme lengths to make the spiciest hot wings or chili. If you can make it taste good, then you have achieved spicy nirvana. But if it is at the expense of flavor, then what's the point?

Not the same to me at all.
Anyone can up the alcohol in a drink, and anyone can drink some 64% drink.

No one is making things as hot, as they can. You can get stuff that will cause physical harm on contact. Some make it as hot as they think someone could eat. Most the time it's not actually that hot.

I've had Tactical Nuclear Penguin, which is about 1/2 the ABV as this, and it was ok. Surprisingly not alcoholy like you'd think. It was like an OK to good imperial stout.

Not sure what I'd expect from this one.

guys, and gals, you're missing the point......... It's a world war two type reenactment between two old foes, The Brits and The Gerries for world domination in beer abomination:D

"Brewers have been trying to outdo each other to create an ever-increasingly powerful beer. First, Scotland's Brewdog produced 'Tactical Nuclear Penguin' at 32 percent. That was topped by German-based Schorsbrau, which released Schorschbock at 40 percent, only for Brewdog to retaliate with 'Sink the Bismarck' at 41 percent. Brewdog then made The End of History, a blond Belgian ale at an astonishing 55 percent packaged in a nifty case made from stuffed animals, including stoats and squirrels."

gotta love the Scots' retaliation to the Schorschbock with a 'Sink the Bismarck'

Quite Monty Python-esque:D.

Not the same to me at all.
Anyone can up the alcohol in a drink, and anyone can drink some 64% drink.

No one is making things as hot, as they can. You can get stuff that will cause physical harm on contact. Some make it as hot as they think someone could eat. Most the time it's not actually that hot.

Then I guess you missed the point.

When people make chili as hot as they can, but they abandon flavor, then I see no point in eating it if it doesn't taste good.

Similarly, if they are making a beer that is 64% alcohol, but it doesn't taste appealling, then what's the point of trying. And if someone were to try and drink an entire beer or three of these in one sitting, then you don't think they can do some kind of physical damage?

High alcohol beers can taste good. Rapp Brewing Co. here in Tampa is making something called "OMG", it's 20% alcohol and from the test batch I tasted, it's freaking fantastic. Gonna be a special release by lottery only. Only way to get in the lottery is to buy a pint at the brewery.

This 64% ABV beer is gonna be like drinking Bicardi 151. You might be able to make a flame with it.

guys, and gals, you're missing the point......... It's a world war two type reenactment between two old foes, The Brits and The Gerries for world domination in beer abomination:D

"Brewers have been trying to outdo each other to create an ever-increasingly powerful beer. First, Scotland's Brewdog produced 'Tactical Nuclear Penguin' at 32 percent. That was topped by German-based Schorsbrau, which released Schorschbock at 40 percent, only for Brewdog to retaliate with 'Sink the Bismarck' at 41 percent. Brewdog then made The End of History, a blond Belgian ale at an astonishing 55 percent packaged in a nifty case made from stuffed animals, including stoats and squirrels."

gotta love the Scots' retaliation to the Schorschbock with a 'Sink the Bismarck'

Quite Monty Python-esque:D.

Love it! I think the owners of the Monty Phython rights should brew a new record and call it The Grim Reaper. Three swallows of that and you'll be skipping about asking everyone in sight: "Have you put your budgie down?" :tank:

High alcohol beers can taste good. Rapp Brewing Co. here in Tampa is making something called "OMG", it's 20% alcohol and from the test batch I tasted, it's freaking fantastic. Gonna be a special release by lottery only. Only way to get in the lottery is to buy a pint at the brewery.

This 64% ABV beer is gonna be like drinking Bicardi 151. You might be able to make a flame with it.

Brewmech.....do I know you?? I'm in Greg Rapp's homebrew club!! The OMG is a great beer, though it's made in Pinellas Park instead of Tampa :) Just giving you crap!! :D

Latest posts

Back