Temperature controller wiring question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
Is there a difference between wiring a Love temp controller to the guts of the chest freezer (eg. plugging the freezer in to the wall) or using a cord to make a plug in (eg. plugging the freezer into the temp controller and temp controller to wall)? Does this make sense? I would like my fermentation/keezer to have a nice appearance without a bunch of external cords. I'm planning on a build and I just would like to know the best route to take with the wiring. Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

My fridge came with a diagram on the back. I simply disconnected the OEM termistat contact and rerouted through the contacton the Love controller. No external cords, nice & neat. I actually removed the OEM thermistat and there was enough room in mine to actually mount the Love.
Hope it helps some
Cheers
-David

Thanks, I'm definitely not the fiddle with the elecrical type, I am handy and can do pretty much anything, but when it comes to electricity I don't like to mess w/it. I've shocked myself about 3 times not "thinking", but I do appreciate your input. Where in AZ r u?? Thanks again!

Not a problem.
My SWMBO & I are in lovely Apache Junction.
Thank God Spring has sprung. I was getting tired of 50 deg weather.
Cheers
-David
PS: If your fridge has a diagram. Send it along & I'll mark it up for you.

You can wire it either way. If your freezer has a light or something besides the compressor then you might want to wire it directly to the device. But if not I found it very easy to basically wire the Love controller into an extension cord. This means that when my freezer dies I can just unplug it and plug it into the next one.

Thanks all, Apach Junction, I've never been there. I'm in planning still and trying to find an el cheapo off craigslist so when I get my freezer, I will post a pick for wiring, thanks again for suggestions and help!

Hi there im new to this site and quite lost lol
I stumbled across this in trying to find a site that will show me the correct way to wire up my STC 1000 temprature control unit, it seems straight forward, but no matter what i do it just doesn't seem to want to work

if any one can help with this i would be very greatfull thank you
Doug

Sorry Doug, I just saw your post. I hope you got it figured out, if not PM me, and I'll see what I can do.

Happy Holidays, Cheers!

Back