What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking Emergen-c and hoping I can get home tonight at a reasonable hour. Flight time is still several hours away and it's already delayed 2 hours. Not a good sign.

uh-oh ... it's not the last flight out is it?

Well, flight was scheduled for 3, holding at 5 for now. It's the last direct flight from Austin to Newark today (for some reason in 2014 they've gotten rid of the 5pm flight that I was usually on). There are options with various connections, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Yeah I'll be honest and say I wasn't sure about the recipes that called for dry hopping. I figured if you wanted hops, drink a damn beer. I'm not sure I'm 100% converted but I will definitely try more hopped ciders and may try to make my own one day. Maybe a gallon batch. I think I need leaf hops though, or perhaps I can use pellet in a bag.

BYO has a pretty cool article about ciders and dry hopping. If you care for a decent read check it out!!

Sam Adams Chocolate Cherry Bock. It's terrible, but came in a twelve of different "Holiday" beers. It's been in the back of the fridge since before Christmas. But even a bad beer is better than no beer at all, and it's keeping me company while I boil my latest beer. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389291523.035487.jpg

Sam Adams Chocolate Cherry Bock. It's terrible, but came in a twelve of different "Holiday" beers. It's been in the back of the fridge since before Christmas. But even a bad beer is better than no beer at all, and it's keeping me company while I boil my latest beer. View attachment 171118

I thought it was a decent dessert beer. Reminded me of a cherry cordial.

BrauMann said:
Your heart is going to explode dde1c Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app
I've sometimes felt that way but the Corps adapted me to massive amounts of caffeine lol

TopherJohn said:
Sam Adams Chocolate Cherry Bock. It's terrible, but came in a twelve of different "Holiday" beers. It's been in the back of the fridge since before Christmas. But even a bad beer is better than no beer at all, and it's keeping me company while I boil my latest beer.

I didnt think it was that bad. Different strokes for different folks. Tasted kind of like those chocolates with the cherry in the middle. Those cellas everyone's grandma had in the house around the holidays.

Remmy said:
Quick little haul. At $7.99 (BCBS) and Backwood's for $13.99, couldn't pass it up.

This place had an entire case of BCBS available right on the shelf. Guess no one around this place likes good beer.

I didnt think you liked the BCBS rem? I found this place that has over 20 cases of BCBS regular. They ordered 24. But only got one of the coffee and one of the barleywine. At $25 a 4 pk the price isnt terrible either. I have a decent amount at home so i didnt grab any but i might next time and i cant think of anything more fun to buy.

I didnt think you liked the BCBS rem? I found this place that has over 20 cases of BCBS regular. They ordered 24. But only got one of the coffee and one of the barleywine. At $25 a 4 pk the price isnt terrible either. I have a decent amount at home so i didnt grab any but i might next time and i cant think of anything more fun to buy.

Lol. I put BCBS on my MAW list last year.

It was on quite a few MAW lists last year.

Did they ramp up production this year? Seems there's a lot more of it around.

I have the 2012 downstairs in the basement. Have yet to pop that one open. Now I have two 2013's. I'm not opening any for quite a while.

My car is on its way to Richmond Hill right now on a flatbed to get a heart transplant. I will be down there once the motor is swapped. I should meet-up with you and bring you some brews.

Love that FBS! I was lucky enough to get a four pack in trade last year and loved it. I've got a clone that I brewed on tap right now that's not quite right (too much coffee) but I hope as it ages it gets closer to the real deal.

cheers!

Switched flights and airlines. Good news I might still get home before midnight. Bad news no time to hang out at airport bar (maybe on my layover in Dallas). I don't know if any regulars here are from DFW, but anyone know of any good spots in that airport?

Switched flights and airlines. Good news I might still get home before midnight. Bad news no time to hang out at airport bar (maybe on my layover in Dallas). I don't know if any regulars here are from DFW, but anyone know of any good spots in that airport?

I usually hang out at the Dallas Cowboys Bar & Grill there.

More earl. Is it bad I just just start drinking straight from the growler? Anyone in VT want to polish off some great HF beers Saturday?

wobrien said:
Lol. I put BCBS on my MAW list last year.

I remember that. You might not know that because ive never posted really in that thread but ive been following it since it started! Still waiting on a Day when ill be able to grant one!

P.S i need to get some tired hands man i know you frequent that joint. If you are ever looking for some nyc locals let me know.

Remmy said:
I have the 2012 downstairs in the basement. Have yet to pop that one open. Now I have two 2013's. I'm not opening any for quite a while.

My car is on its way to Richmond Hill right now on a flatbed to get a heart transplant. I will be down there once the motor is swapped. I should meet-up with you and bring you some brews.

Awesome yea bro thatd be great. I know some
Good bars to drink some good stuff or ive got some stuff at home we can drink up! No bars in richmond hill though unless you just want to crush BMC. :D

Back