What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Genny!! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389231073.871934.jpg

I would like to get my hands on Founders Sweet Repute wheat wine. It is being elusive in these parts.

I could've bought some last week, but couldn't really swing the $15 price tag at that moment since I was soon to be running up a decent bill for lunch and beer on tap at the same place. I probably should've bought a bottle and just drank less. Who am I kidding? Drink less? The only reasonable trade off would've been not ordering food to be able to buy a bottle. ;)

Couple bad homebrews from a friend. First was a two sipper, this one might get six sips before I hafta get something else. Uh oh, more drunk math….

Backwoods was $12 a 4-pack here.

I was at a bottle shop the other day right outside of the Norristown/ Plymouth meeting area in PA and it was $26 for a 4 pack.. I felt so bad for the guy that bought it.

I paid $15 for mine, which was a little high, but worth it.. But $26. Damn.

I was at a bottle shop the other day right outside of the Norristown/ Plymouth meeting area in PA and it was $26 for a 4 pack.. I felt so bad for the guy that bought it.

That is what the craft beer world has come to.

It's ridiculous, man.

That is what the craft beer world has come to.

It's ridiculous, man.

just another reason we like to brew our own, I suppose.:mug:

Drinking another HB stout, but in a belated Christmas present glass.

Sent from my HTCONE using Home Brew mobile app

1389237311225.jpg

So that's a compliment that you finished my sour completely? Lol

Your saison was enjoyable! Both of the beers I mentioned above had major flaws, probably would score low 20s for their respective styles. The 'dubbel' might have been in the teens if I'd been forced to do a sheet for it.

You should know better than to try and understand.

And I'm having a farmhouse pale.

Simple solution, dont support bottle shops that do that. I know i dont. If ppl are that stupid to pay that much theyre probably fu##in hipsters anyway

I hear you, fuzzywigs. There's also an issue with breweries selling beers at a premium. Look at BK brewery and their Black-Ops. Shops must buy each bottle for $15-17 and sell for $25. One. Damned. Bottle.

And people still buy 'em. I know the beer likely has more ingredients than a standard 5% abv pale ale. And it's aged. But, c'mon. $25 for a 750ml?

You picking up what I'm putting down?

Homebrew of Amarillo Pale Ale after getting back from my monthly brewer's club meeting where this beer and I were named "Brewer of the Month"!!!

Simple solution, dont support bottle shops that do that. I know i dont. If ppl are that stupid to pay that much theyre probably fu##in hipsters anyway

That's the way I feel. I know someone will overpay, but it's just not going to be me. It will likely be someone who's buying only because its special or limited and have no clue what they're actually buying. After all, expensive means it has to be good. Right?

FermentNEthinG said:
I would like to get my hands on Founders Sweet Repute wheat wine. It is being elusive in these parts.

I can get you some! Lets set another one up sometime. I didnt have too much interest in it. i think its around $17 bucks by me in the boroughs. Next time im at the shop ill scoop it up for you. I just put your evil twin clone in the fridge today before work. I will be cracking that bad boy open tomorrow night After this frigid 24 hour shift and 48th hour in the last 57. I need a beer or ten.:D

Hope you like the homebrew when you get into em.

Couple bad homebrews from a friend. First was a two sipper, this one might get six sips before I hafta get something else. Uh oh, more drunk math….

Hmmm ... something like 2x1 + 6x1 =
hurl_zpsd689f549.gif

On celebration #2 on an empty stomach. Ready to crack into something strong and make tomorrow suck

I hear you ... I'm buzzed and tempted to go down and grab something else. If I do that tomorrow is really going to suck :drunk:

Just got back from my homebrew club meeting. Had a Sly Fox coffee porter before it started (good) and then some homebrew samples. Went from some good ones: a BGSA aged on cherries, a 5-year old barleywine that did time in a Jack Daniels barrel, a black raspberry eisenbock and a black IPA. Then there was the overly sweet Belgian pale, the band-aid witt, and some middling options. Not bad overall and enough to leave me buzzed heavily and tempted to have more ...

Hmmm ... something like 2x1 + 6x1 =
hurl_zpsd689f549.gif

I hear you ... I'm buzzed and tempted to go down and grab something else. If I do that tomorrow is really going to suck :drunk:

Just got back from my homebrew club meeting. Had a Sly Fox coffee porter before it started (good) and then some homebrew samples. Went from some good ones: a BGSA aged on cherries, a 5-year old barleywine that did time in a Jack Daniels barrel, a black raspberry eisenbock and a black IPA. Then there was the overly sweet Belgian pale, the band-aid witt, and some middling options. Not bad overall and enough to leave me buzzed heavily and tempted to have more ...

I think I can still taste the drain pours and am also tempted to grab another brew to try and get rid of the taste. Going to sleep would be a wiser choice, but I suspect I'll have another beer instead.

Back