Nearly free, 3 commercial kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to pick up a huge fridge, 3 commercial kegs with lines, co2 tank, and 3 taps. All already set up.

I know people prefer cornies, but can I pass this up?

+1 on what Ed said. If the fridge is "huge" like you said, once you scale down from the Sankeys to the cornies you can use the extra space for finer temp control on fermentation, which is a little more difficult in summer if you don't have a large refrigerator. You're going to have some nice tasting brew! I have noticed a remarkable difference in mine just having the fermenter in the basement (which is 60 F, rather than 70 F in the upstairs closet)...In addition, just because my basement is 60 doesn't mean the fermentation is happening at the optimal temperature. I'm sure if there was a fridge I could store even ales in for fermentation their taste would be even better. On top of all this you have happened upon one of the more difficult things to find when brewing. Cheap brew kettles (Once you convert the Sankeys).

ThisThreadisUseless.jpg

Latest posts

Back