World Series

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a lifetime Mariners fan, so I'm pulling for Jamie Moyer to get a ring.

That said... I don't think he will.

Hopefully my former classmate David Price will keep playing well. I'll have to root for the Rays for his sake.
That dude has some absolutely sick stuff. That third strike he threw to Drew was unhittable. He looks like he might be Mariano Rivera from the left side.

Rays in 4. They just have far better starting pitchers.

moyer apart, and one dodgy game from myers, phils starting pitching has been solid in the post season. i think that the rays will win it, though, AL just seems to have the edge over the NL at the moment. i'm thinking rays in 5 or 6, sadly.

Yeah, he was a Vandy grad. First pick overall last year.

He might stick in a closer role for a bit, but I would expect him to make it into the rotation sometime next year.

Rays in 5. And a boot to the head because of the stupid name change!

But lets bring this quote back for all the MoTown baseball fans...

Sports Illustrated said:
You don't need a calculator to determine that Detroit will score plenty of runs again this season. The Tigers' offense will feature seven of the top 40 active leaders in career batting average -- and that doesn't include Granderson, the leadoff hitter who last year became only the third player to have 20 stolen bases, 20 homers, 20 triples and 20 doubles in a season. (Eventual NL MVP Jimmy Rollins became the fourth shortly thereafter.) The lineup is so deep that newly acquired shortstop Edgar Renteria, who hit .332 with an .860 on-base plus slugging percentage last year in Atlanta (better numbers than any AL shortstop's), will bat seventh. "They're going to be one of the most dominant offenses, other than maybe the Yankees', that any team has fielded in the last 10 years," says a rival AL general manager.

:(

as a tribe fan i'd like to see charlie win because of his connection to cleveland, but i also like the cinderella story rays. this ws i'm really just gonna watch and who ever wins wins, it isn't the bosox wOOT!

Let's go Phillies!

I almost laid down $1100 this weekend on game 3 tickets, almost. Then I got next month's bills in and figured I'll just watch the games from home on my sofa with some homebrew instead of on a plastic seat and $8 Macrosludge.

WOW!!! I can't believe nobody picks the Phils. Let me be the first to say...The Phils in 7!!! My belief is the Ryan Howard goes nuts in this series and leads the Phils to the first title in Philly since '83!! That is, unless you count the Philadelphia Soul's championship this year...lol. Game 1 is all Cole Hamels!

As a Mets fan, I've gotta go with Tampa. I saw some really shocking behavior this season at Citizens Bank Park that really tipped me against Philly fans. We all know that New Yorkers aren't saints when rivals come to town, but I go to a lot of ballgames, and I've never seen a player booed when he finally stood up after what appeared to be a serious injury... except in Philly.

WOW!!! I can't believe nobody picks the Phils. Let me be the first to say...The Phils in 7!!! My belief is the Ryan Howard goes nuts in this series and leads the Phils to the first title in Philly since '83!! That is, unless you count the Philadelphia Soul's championship this year...lol. Game 1 is all Cole Hamels!

BUMP!!! I was wrong about one thing...the 7 game prediction! Go PHILS!!!

It is a dark, cold, rainy day here in Philly. To the rest of the baseball world it may look like fate has stepped in to stomp our chances at a world championship but don't worry this town has seen worse and come through just fine.

When this game gets started back up I look forward to seeing the Phils batter the Rays' bullpen to kingdom come.

Lets go Phillies!

They had to be just waiting to see if Tampa tied it before calling it. They said they weren't but it sure seemed like it and I'm glad they did. It would have been an awful way to end the WS.

Whoo hoo!

Crazy thing is I brewed up a Belgian Wit yesterday afternoon as I took the day off thinking it would be parade day. Now I have to call it "World Series Ale" or something. Help me come up with a name for it.

Anyone going to be in town for the parade?

I found this years World Series of Poker more interesting then this year baseball series.

Back