Impressions of Omega's DKO Series?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa Brewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,
Looking at making my first Kölsch and caught sight of Omega's DKO (Diacetyl Knock Out) series. How are these being received? Any noticeable flavor or behavioral differences that a homebrewer should be aware of? Thanks!

I don’t think these strains are in the homebrew packs yet, right?
I’m using aldc anyway since I had some dry hop D issues

I don’t think these strains are in the homebrew packs yet, right?
I’m using aldc anyway since I had some dry hop D issues
I saw a video by Northern Brewer on these strains. I think NB is the exclusive dealer of these strains in homebrew packs, at least for now. They are selling for $14 per pack, which seems to be the same as stuff like the Thiol yeast strains and $1 more than the standard Omega strains.

I saw a video by Northern Brewer on these strains. I think NB is the exclusive dealer of these strains in homebrew packs, at least for now. They are selling for $14 per pack, which seems to be the same as stuff like the Thiol yeast strains and $1 more than the standard Omega strains.
Makes sense that i didn’t realize. I actually got a bad taste in my mouth from Northern Brewer. Really, I hate the company. I buy AB products so it’s not some AB thing. Northern brewer just sucks and you can’t call them to ask a question about something you purchased.

Anyway it’s cool that the DKOs are available to homebrewers.

Back