What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cabernet.

1402866586229.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402869431.899609.jpg
Saint Somewhere Lectio Divina. It's a Dubbel fermented out with 565 and bottled with Brett. Odd beer when young, freaking fantastic once the Brett has taken over

After a 20 hour shift yesterday and an 8 hour shift this morning, I'm finally having a beer... It's a good one :D

P1010669.jpg

Bout how long does that take? I've only had it at the "odd" stage haha

9-12 months IMO. If the cork doesn't hit the ceiling when you take the cage off, you opened it too soon. Seriously, keep your thumb on the cage or you will put your eye out. It would be nice if they dated their bottles, but anything you find in a brown bottle should be good to go right now.

Hope it turns out well

I'm sure I'll need to tweak it, but this beer is nearly a SMaSH beer (~95% MO, ~5% crystal, and then all Challenger), and the color, IBUs, and ABV are all listed on the brewery's website, and the recipe I put together is all in line with the listed stats. Plus I cultured yeast from a bottle of it. So I should be pretty close.

9-12 months IMO. If the cork doesn't hit the ceiling when you take the cage off, you opened it too soon. Seriously, keep your thumb on the cage or you will put your eye out. It would be nice if they dated their bottles, but anything you find in a brown bottle should be good to go right now.

Is there any reason to wait any time on this one? ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402871826.640385.jpg

Bout how long does that take? I've only had it at the "odd" stage haha

I was about to ask; picked one up at NHC.

Okay, next year it is!

Is there any reason to wait any time on this one? View attachment 205934

All of his beers are "infected" with An active strain of Brett (mostly Brett B). I had that at Huna day, I believe he brewed that shortly before that. If you have been storing it at room/warm cellar temps, I would give it a go in a few months. An easy test is to take a turn off of the cage, the cork will start creeping out immediately. If it doesn't, shelf it for a little while longer.

My Nelson pale ale, watching Argentina - Bosnia. Putting off packing up my apartment.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402872331.065164.jpg

All of his beers are "infected" with An active strain of Brett (mostly Brett B). I had that at Huna day, I believe he brewed that shortly before that. If you have been storing it at room/warm cellar temps, I would give it a go in a few months. An easy test is to take a turn off of the cage, the cork will start creeping out immediately. If it doesn't, shelf it for a little while longer.

Thanks for the tip! Mark sent this to me last month and since then I've had it stored room temp. I wasn't sure if it had Brett in it or not since it doesn't say anywhere on the label. I'll probably wait a few months and then do the cage/cork thing to check it. Thanks again.

This! After coming home to a bottle bomb all over my kitchen! !! Had to throw about 10 OF my hazelnut coffee stouts out after trying to purge the bottles. Hopefully I can save the case I have left and cold crash them ;( damn the luck! ! Hope I didn't send ANY of them out to anyone. .. I need a new refractomoter!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402876211.382422.jpg
Full day of fishing and park exploring. Now relaxing with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

This! After coming home to a bottle bomb all over my kitchen! !! Had to throw about 10 OF my hazelnut coffee stouts out after trying to purge the bottles. Hopefully I can save the case I have left and cold crash them ;( damn the luck! ! Hope I didn't send ANY of them out to anyone. .. I need a new refractomoter!

Pic

1402876295659.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402879298.552288.jpg
2 glasses of garnacha with a ribeye. I'll take wine over beer with a steak any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back