New user from Deep East Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasStu

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've posted a couple times but never really introduced myself.
I just turned 50, live about 20 miles from LA. and 50 miles north of Beaumont.
This may be my mid-life crisis but I would prefer to think of it more as a re-awakening.
I always considered brewing to be something I'd enjoy but expensive, time consuming and taking up too much space. I think it's FAR cheaper than other hobbies and I'd be buying beer anyways so maybe I might cut down on gas to go get it? We live in a dry county. ;)
I talked my wife into getting me a Coopers Beer Kit (my research indicated it's a good kit and the fermenter would carry me further into the hobby than the kit if I start doing my own boils, etc.) and I have my first batch bubbling away happily at 24C. (they recommend a range of 21C-27C).
Folks here helped me right away (and even limited their snickering of my ig'nance!) in the beginners forum which I appreciate a great deal!
This is a wonderful knowledge database and some great folks helping others (like me) get their feet wet! Thanks!
Hope to soon be sharing :mug: with my poker league buddies!

The Stupours Brewery link goes to the blog I just started to log my continuing hobby. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back