Curiosity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pintocb

Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the correct place for this question, so if not feel free to move this post to where it belongs.

What fruit juices ferment well? I love grapefruit juice. Too acidic? Anyone tried some freaky fruit fermentations? Pineapple juice? Pomegranate? OJ? Before I buy a bunch and stick it in a carboy with some yeast I think some of your experience might help.

Cb

Oh, most juices make nice wine, actually. I think grapefruit is really good, as is pineapple. My favorites, though, are just "plain" ideas. Apple juice makes a wonderful white wine. I've fermented tomatoes, rhubarb, grape juice (welch's), grapes, bananas, pineapples, oranges in honey, dandelions with oranges and lemons, cranberry juice, etc.

I've never done anything "freaky" but here is a good list of all kinds of recipes from Jack Keller's website: http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/request.asp

I have tried a batch of 2 gallons White Grape Peach, and 1 gallon White grape. That's Awesome.
I have a batch of 2 gallons of Pomegranate juice and 3 gallons of apple juice. Not done, but smells killer...May need to go get a sample of that.

Try it all. Don't be afraid to give something a whirl if it sounds good...just look around for a recipe...or something that you can pervert to a recipe....and give it a go.

Back