Keezer question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FEARDIZ

Reaction score
I'm new to the hobby and I've been reading everyone posts, about their projects. I like the projects I've seen, but had a question. The people with the 5-6 + tapper setups, are you supplying beer to the whole neighboorhood, do you just like to drink that many differnet beers, do you have your own microbrewery, maybe you just have the money to burn on your love for the hobby?

I'd kind of like to know what kind of setup people have with pics if they have them, and how they use it. Like to you have lots of parties etc..

thanks
John:rockin:

Some of us just brew because the love grows everytime you create an awesome beer. Some like to brew because they love to drink. Some for both. Some brew recipes that call for cellaring over many months. Homebrew lasts a long time if you are a single drinker. However, my experience has been that when I go to family gatherings, picnics, parties I share my brew as much as possible. I will bring it to those events. I also find that I like to have a variety on hands to last a while. Kegging allows you to have many different brews at your fingertips for long periods of time (depending on situation and appetite). Besides if I find that my stash is low it usually means I slacked on brewing. My formula is to brew a batch so I can have it ready for when one runs low or dry.

To each his/er own. You will see that over time, the bug will bite you hard and your hobby will grow to enormous proportions.

Have fun and RDWHAHB!!

(also it depends on SWMBO's allowance in most cases). For me, my SWMBO is a beer drinker so I get around that with ease.

- WW

I like variety. If I have one with lunch it is likely to be different from what I would drink in the evening. Some of my high gravity ales have been around for years, as I drink them in small glasses and mainly in cold weather.

I like to brew even more than I like to drink (which is a lot).

I can hold five kegs in my brewshop (my own personal collections) and two kegs up in the Sanyo in the kitchen for public access.

Now I’m finding myself needing a small fridge just to store bottles that I bottle from the keg. I have 10-gallon of Old Speckled Hen and it’s a “sippin” beer. So I’d like to get it out of the keg and into bottles for posterity and free up the keg space.

It’s a quandary. The more you brew, the more you want to brew and the more room you need for your new brew.
Freezer_WTaps_4.JPG

Freezer_WTaps_3.JPG

Kegger5.JPG

I have a 4 tap setup on a 14 cf keezer. I decided to go with this setup because it was only a little more expensive than a commerical half-keg model, and it allows me a lot more flexibility. I like being able to have a few different beers because my tastes vary from day-to-day. My buddies also come over to watch baseball/football fairly frequently and it's nice to have a few beers on tap. Here's a few pics:

4083-kegerator_outside.jpg

4083-kegerator_inside.jpg

Back