Terrapin beer yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc06

Reaction score
After having listening to Can You Brew It for Terrapin's Rye Pale ale, Spike disclosed that he uses Wyeast 1272. I've been striving for a clone of Terrapin's Indian Brown ale. What does everyone think about the odds that they use the same yeast for both beers?

I would say odds are pretty good.

I would also say that odds are Terrapin/Spike is the kind of brewery/brewer that would give you a straight forward answer if you made a quick call to find out. If you listened to the podcast with him, he seems pretty open about his brewing. Hell, he may even give you a recipe.

Good Luck!

spike219 [at] gmail [dot] com

I emailed him about the Wake and Bake and he uses the same yeast for that also. I saw him there and asked for the recipe and he asked me to email him.

He is a great guy. I LOOOVE that damn brewery and support them as much as possible. Doing the tours there is my favorite. The atmosphere, the city itself... its just so relaxing and such a great time.

Back