AHA Big Brew May 7th - National Homebrew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mischief_Brewing

Reaction score
So who's brewing on May 7th and what are you brewing?

I'll be hosting a handful of my fellow WHALES club members on my driveway and brewing up a Westvleteren 12 clone using my homemade candi syrup.

My LHBS is having a Big Brew Day. Inviting people to come down and brew with them at the store and they are doing an AG lesson as well. I'll be there helping them brew for a little while. I might end up having to do Mother's day celebration that day, so it might get cut short for me.

-Stanley

Our LHBS is having a big brew day. I was leaning in the direction of the wit but decided to brew up another batch of pale.

Our club is getting together. I forget which of the beers for this year they are brewing, but I will certainly be there! Looking forward to it.

brewing May 6th at night and stretching into May 7th after midnight... I suppose that counts... yeast will be pitched on May 7th.

May 7th is my birthday but I didn't know it had any brewing importance. I'm tapped out on supplies right now so I guess I'll have to pony up at the pricey LHBS to brew a B'day beer. It might have to be a barleywine patterned after myself. I think I'll call it "Old, Heavy, and Never Quite Ready".

Unfortunately I have to work on the 7th but am planning to brew on the 6th. Not sure what to make yet but am thinking something that is easy and quick to bottle due to my summer styles are a bit on the low side. Maybe a lemon infused something.

The Santa Fe Brewing Co, is hosting our clubs event. I'm planning on doing 5 gallons of the East India Pale Ale. I should be getting my new brewstand from http://brewersequipment.com/ within the next week so will be jumping to 10 gallon batches after this one.

My LHBS was low on Maris Otter so I am brewing with Golden Promise instead. The recipe recomends using Wyeast London Ale III but I have a packet of Nottingham and Safale S-o4 already in my fridge. Anyone know if either of these would be an acceptable substitute? I'm sure they will both work fine but I don't know the specific details of each of the yeasts.

The 7th is also my birthday so Im gonna have to brew a Birthday IPA maybe a double IPA.

Brewing a Wheat recipe to celebrate my Niece who is being born in June, bottling my Pale Ale and probably have a beer tasting after all is said and done. Should be a good day.

Brewing 5g of Paul's Pride ESB

P.S. oops

IMAG0647.jpg

I just started my brewday, doing the clone for Firerock Pale Ale that everyone's raving about in the American Ale recipe database.

Brewing my first ever Saison. Just read Farmhouse Ales and had an urge.

Adding a bit of Paradise Seeds as well. Sparging now :)

Back