HBT Fantasy Football League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nah ... just pick one up off waivers before your #1 TE goes on bye.

That's not until week 8. I've never played FF before, but the 20 team draft seems to be a bit more challenging than the smaller ones.

I wouldn't sweat it. Hell, a lot of guys that went high in the draft could get injured during camp/pre-season (and there will be injuries.) The waiver wire and trades will heat up by the end of the week ;)

I have 0 confidence in my team. I'll be taking requests for what bomber you guys want if you're the winner. ;)

When I got to a few spots left I put it on auto draft and didn't pay attention while I went for a beer and ended up with 3 WRs on the bench. No back up kicker or backup RBs.

All technical difficulties on my side considered I'm surprisingly ok with my team. High risk/potential high return running backs always make for a fun year.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
That's the good thing about having so many participants. The really good players are spread a lot thinner

It will be an interesting season for sure.

I was on a Chromebook picking my draft, not sure if you're familiar with them but my galaxy note 2 screen is almost the same size. Tiny font. I think I picked the right guys haha. Oh well it's good fun either way.

Definitely weird being last pick, getting the last and first picks back to back

When I got to a few spots left I put it on auto draft and didn't pay attention while I went for a beer and ended up with 3 WRs on the bench. No back up kicker or backup RBs.

Backup kicker? Oh, right the bye week again. Guess I'll need another kicker, too.

Im just now noticing that I didnt get the bears defense like drafted, and Cam Newton, who I also drafted, I thought it looked like my team was lacking. What the heck happened?

I know for sure I drafted them I took cam newton in round 1 when everyone else was taking RBs I even commented "not me I'm taking cam Newton" in reply to "everyone is taking rbs" I took Dalton as my backup QB in like round 5 but I dont have a backup on my team just Dalton... according to the draft results I took Julio Jones as my number 1 pick... who chooses julio jones? that really sucks looking through the draft results I see numerous mispicks that I thought I made.

Who do I send my bombers to? my team is not at all where I wanted them to be.

Channel66 said:
Im just now noticing that I didnt get the bears defense like drafted, and Cam Newton, who I also drafted, I thought it looked like my team was lacking. What the heck happened?

I know for sure I drafted them I took cam newton in round 1 when everyone else was taking RBs I even commented "not me I'm taking cam Newton" in reply to "everyone is taking rbs" I took Dalton as my backup QB in like round 5 but I dont have a backup on my team just Dalton... according to the draft results I took Julio Jones as my number 1 pick... who chooses julio jones? that really sucks looking through the draft results I see numerous mispicks that I thought I made.

Who do I send my bombers to? my team is not at all where I wanted them to be.

Just send them to me. That way if I win, you're covered. If I don't win, then atleast I got some sweet beer for free. ;)

Just send them to me. That way if I win, you're covered. If I don't win, then atleast I got some sweet beer for free. ;)

Edit: I feel like a dope, I apparently participated in the wrong draft. I just clicked on the start draft button, I guess that just jumps you into a random draft, Now I'm part of 2 leagues.

I wasn't even drinking

But I screwed myself for this league! And this is the beer one! Dammit

Edit: I feel like a dope, I apparently participated in the wrong draft. I just clicked on the start draft button, I guess that just jumps you into a random draft, Now I'm part of 2 leagues.

I wasn't even drinking

Wow, that sucks. So I guess you wouldn't be a good reference for the auto-pick feature they have?

After reading about everyone else's issues, I feel a little better, but my team still blows. Sitting in the airport and my flight just got delayed. Time to do some waiver wire hunting...

Channel66 said:

I wasn't even drinking

That blows, man. But, it seems like quite a few people had some issues, including me. So I guess we'll see what happens.

my only mistake was not picking vernon davis when i had the opportunity, other than that I think i have a good chance :D

Crap I totally forgot about this league until today. No fair you guys drafted without me! I guess I got a team auto drafted anyways though. I'll still kick all of your butts though lol anyone want to trade me qbs though.. I mean Ryan Tannehill that just sucks! Hey Finsfan you want this guy don't you?

LoloMT7 said:
Crap I totally forgot about this league until today. No fair you guys drafted without me! I guess I got a team auto drafted anyways though. I'll still kick all of your butts though lol anyone want to trade me qbs though.. I mean Ryan Tannehill that just sucks! Hey Finsfan you want this guy don't you?
Tannehill? Bwahahahaha!!!!
Don't worry. Your auto drafted team might end up better than my manually drafted team. ;)

I'm pretty slow, I'm guessing I need a backup D for bye week? Where do I send that beer again?

I'm getting killed week 8, my whole team has a bye.

well yeah i want him haha trade request sent

I'll give you Donovan Mcnabb for cheap! :D

I'll trade my Carolina Panthers defense(benched) to whoever has the Texans defense. ;)

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
That would be me, and hell no :D

I had them up on the screen and was going to draft them that same round and BOOM! Next thing I know they were gone. Somehow I did end up with the Patriots defense. Hopefully they dominate this season.

Back