dry hopping arrogant bastard clone w/citra?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rftc

Reaction score
Hi,

I ran out of cascade hops which the directions call for .5 oz to dry hop into secondary (5 gallon). i do have about .5 oz of citra remaining from a previous batch.

taking into consideration i am brewing an arrogant bastard clone, is dry hopping w/citra a stupid idea?

i really need to get the beer into secondary tmrw and will not have an opportunity to purchase hops.

so add the citra or do not dry hop this bad boy at all?

Well, if you want to clone the beer, it's probably not a good idea. But Citra in relatively small amounts complement most American beers nicely. It's up to you.

Why do you think you need to rack to a secondary? Are you adding fruit or something? If not, just leave it in primary for another week or two and keg/bottle from there.

thx for reply, re. racking to secondary, just following directions. this is my 3rd batch and first 2 were on the money, color me a conformist. i really want a true AB taste so i may just leave the citra out of it.

It doesn't hurt the beer to let it sit for a few extra days until you can procure the hops that you need. Especially for a strong ale like Arrogant Bastard, time is on your side.

Back