Beersmith - can't keep my saved recipes from backup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heckofagator

Reaction score
I recently formatted my PC drive and installed the OS fresh. Before I did this, I made a backup of my BS data. I've now downlaoded and activated BS again. I can load my backup file (Open File) and see everything find, but when I close and re-open BS the next time, they are are gone and I have to re-load.

How do I keep the loaded file active (backup --> My Recipes)? I have tried the FORCE SAVE but that doesn't seem to do it.

On my backup external hard drive, I had to look in " windows.oldxxxx" to find them. Usually in some old my documents folder. Transfer them to my current my documents & got them to load that way. BS2's cloud drive can save a number of them as well.

thanks. Yeah, I just ended up moving the backup file into the working directory and that did the trick. I think there would still be a way for BS to import the backup file and save it as the active one in the GUI, but I'm sure I'm just missing it.

I was surprised that mine kept saving to the old windows file. What I described fixed it, but when I erased the old windows stuff, vista & whatnot, two of my programs had nada to work with, or some were missing. Went to a file with a another name on it & found many old files under my name. It's confusing sometimes, but you sometimes have to find the file, then re-associate it with the right program.

Back