Old recipes on beersmith carry over

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olotti

Reaction score
So we got a new laptop so my wife transferred over to a hard drive my Bru’n water files but not the beersmith program. If i download a new copy of the beersmith program onto our new computer will my old recipes be saved under an old profile or anything. I had a lot with notes that I really want to keep, we still have the old computer so will beersmith be able to be transferred onto the portable hard drive and reinstalled on the new laptop?

Unless you saved the recipes onto the cloud of Beersmith, your recipes won't be on the new version.

You need to export the bsmx files from the old computer onto the new.

You have the option to upload your Beersmith recipes to their cloud or export the files to a save file. I've done both and prefer the export option.

Ok thanks I’ll look into it. It’s not an apple so idk if the cloud is even an option. I may just screenshot some of em and just download the updated version onto the new computer as it has more hops, grains and options than the original version on my old computer.

You have the option to upload your Beersmith recipes to their cloud or export the files to a save file. I've done both and prefer the export option.

Depending on your licensing level you may not be able to upload all of your recipes to the cloud. A one time basic license will allow you to upload only 15 recipes to the cloud. The gold license allows 125 recipes. Platinum 300 and Pro 750.

I only use the cloud for transferring recipes from my desktop in the house to my laptop in my brew house (aka the garage). I usually don't leave them there for too long to keep my cloudy recipe collection from getting overly cluttered. It would do me no good however for transferring all of my recipes as I have more than my current license allows.

Depending on your licensing level you may not be able to upload all of your recipes to the cloud. A one time basic license will allow you to upload only 15 recipes to the cloud. The gold license allows 125 recipes. Platinum 300 and Pro 750.

I only use the cloud for transferring recipes from my desktop in the house to my laptop in my brew house (aka the garage). I usually don't leave them there for too long to keep my cloudy recipe collection from getting overly cluttered. It would do me no good however for transferring all of my recipes as I have more than my current license allows.
Exactly. Another reason I switched to Brewersfriend. Updated often, and everything is always accessible via my laptop or phone.

I am still slightly old school. I use beer smith for basic recipe formulation only. Then write every thing down on brew day in my brew log book. Maybe if I brewed an exceptional amount I would utilize the inventory.

That being said I never liked using the cloud for anything even as low-key as beer recipe. Best to export to memory stick and transfer

Latest posts

Back