First batch is in the fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgraber

Reaction score
First brew went fairly uneventful. I made sure I tried to keep everything clean and sanitary. Made a Texas Blond Ale from AHS. OG was spot on. Now I'm just waiting for it to start to ferment. Going to let it sit for at least 3 weeks.

I did try the sample I took for the OG. It was very good, a little bitter but from what I read that will mellow out. Can't wait to try the final product but I've got a while ahead so I'll just go grab a beer out of my fridge and relax.

On deck now is a Raspberry Wheat. Will be starting that one tomorrow.

Excellent! Nothing like the feeling of completing a session with confidence. Not to mention your first one!! Congratulations.

Congrats my first was also the Texas Blonde Ale from AHS although when I topped off with water the OG was off and it never really showed singes of fermentation I let it ferment for 3 weeks in a primary then bottled for 2 weeks. Which this weekend is the second weekend but I tried one last weekend and wow it was 10X better than the flat watered down sample I tried after brewing I cant wait to see what another week in the bottle has done. I also just brewed my second batch last Sunday a Texas Red from AHS.

That's promising. So you never saw any signs of fermentation?

Congrats my first was also the Texas Blonde Ale from AHS although when I topped off with water the OG was off and it never really showed singes of fermentation I let it ferment for 3 weeks in a primary then bottled for 2 weeks. Which this weekend is the second weekend but I tried one last weekend and wow it was 10X better than the flat watered down sample I tried after brewing I cant wait to see what another week in the bottle has done. I also just brewed my second batch last Sunday a Texas Red from AHS.

Welcome to the addiction!

I brewed my first batch (a Hefe) 5 weeks ago and kegged it 2 weeks ago and am sitting here drinking the first (okay I have had a couple of samples along the way) right now. I kegged an Amber today and have a IPA on day 5 in the primary. Going BIAB next.

congrats!I just did ahs german hefewiezen,one week in the primary so far.
let us know how the texas blonde works out,it's on my list of brews to try.

Woo hoo, airlock is bubbling away. I know it's nothing big but it's nice to see things moving along in the right direction.

Latest posts

Back