The Friday 5er!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
Well, it's Friday and for that we ask 5 questions of random nonsensical things that we all would like to know about you.

I've seen this on a variety of forums and thought i'd be a neat thing to try once a week...

Here we go, I know we all culturally are different, and I'm not trying to single anyone out, just figured I'd throw a theme to this one:

Easter Weekend 5er.

1. When was the last Easter Egg hunt you've been to?

2. If you had to choose only thing to fill your basket; Cadbury Cream Eggs or Peeps?

3. Did you ever get presents on Easter besides candy?

4. During the holidays do you prefer to have the family come to you, or you go to them?

5. Do you eat your eggs after you die them, or do you toss them?

Easter Weekend 5er.

Last year at my Mother in law's house... i didn't participate

2. If you had to choose only thing to fill your basket; Cadbury Cream Eggs or Peeps?
Cream eggs.

Sure thing! I had an awesome Easter Bunny!

4. During the holidays do you prefer to have the family come to you, or you go to them?
I like to go to them...

We eat them!

BraeHaus said:
My niece's maybe 15 years ago.

BraeHaus said:
Cadbury Cream Eggs cuz my girl loves chocolate.:ban:
BraeHaus said:
Nope, not that kind of holiday.
BraeHaus said:
I prefer to visit cuz I can leave when I want.
BraeHaus said:
The blue ones taste the best!:rockin:

Easter Weekend 5er.

Actually participated in, bout 20 years ago... altho this weekend we're taking my daughter to a huge Easter Egg Hunt, should be fun.

Cadbury Cream Eggs FTW! although if I had to have peeps, i'd open the package and let them go stale first.

When i was little my parents only got us candy, then about 5 years ago they started to buy my younger and brother and I gifts... although for the last 3 years my mom has bought my wife clothes and most recently my daughter clothes and I've been getting shafted....

but, I don't mind. I'm not interested in gifts anymore these days.

This time, come to us. I'm tired of having to travel every holiday, it's time they can come to us!

I try not to waste food and ever since I was little we'd turn our eggs into the grossest looking (yet delicious) egg salad in the world... so the wife and I have continued this tradition.

Last year I took my son to one.

Not even a question! Cadbury all the way! mmmm... rabbit yolk....

Nope, I didn't know people did that...

Depends, I like to visit family in San Diego or Seattle, the locals can come over if they want to... :D

Egg & crab salad, deviled eggs, when else are you allowed to eat a week's worth of cholesterol and saturated fat without nagging!?

I have no idea- 35 or 40 years ago?

Yuck- neither!

Nope

I would love them to come here, but they don't. If I can, I go there (800 miles).

My husband eats them. I hate eggs.

Easter Weekend 5er.

Probably about 6 or seven years ago with the kids, we didn't go while we were in Hawaii

2. If you had to choose only thing to fill your basket; Cadbury Cream Eggs or Peeps? Cream Eggs

3. Did you ever get presents on Easter besides candy? Not that I can remember, but my kids do.

4. During the holidays do you prefer to have the family come to you, or you go to them? It's more affordable if they come my way. I haven't seen family in quite awhile, so it would be neice.

5. Do you eat your eggs after you die them, or do you toss them? I don't like hard boiled eggs.

Easter Weekend 5er.

While not technically an Easter Egg Hunt, my mother in law finds it funny to hide things around the house (like post-it notes and alcohol nips) and have an adult hunt every year. It's kind of funny to watch Grammy find the booze.

Peeps by a long shot.

If you count the clothes that made up my Easter outfit every year, yes. If that doesn't count, no.

We always go to them, mainly because we don't have the space for them to come to us. To date I have not hosted a single holiday at my house except for St. Patrick's Day.

Toss 'em.

BraeHaus said:

I've only done a few, the last one I remember (because it was awesome) was about 12 years ago. My family and I were out at the cabin and my dad hid easter eggs outside all around the lake (about 1 x 2 miles). My sister and I had to use the Ski-doo to do the easter egg hunt with hints on where the next one was.

BraeHaus said:

Cadbury cream eggs.

BraeHaus said:

Not that I remember.

BraeHaus said:

Go to them. My uncle has a sugar shack on the same lot as his cottage (huge lot) so we have fresh maple syrup and fresh maple taffy (best thing in the world on Easter weekend).

BraeHaus said:
I tossed them (the one or two times I've died eggs).

I don't know, probably at least 14 years ago? I wanted to go Easter Keg Hunting this morning, but I got stuck in the office for once today......figures

both

sometimes

I don't celebrate Easter with the fam...

Hells yes

Easter Weekend 5er.

Last Easter I did a hunt for my daughter and niece - but participated in was almost 20 years ago.

Cadbury eggs - all day. Can't eat the Peeps - I find them horrible.

Yes, usually pretty random stuff, too.

I prefer them to come to me - I am always more comfortable at home.

I eat them until I am sick of them - then I won't eat another hardboiled egg until the Thanksgiving deviled eggs.

Last year.

Neither. Yuck.

I don't remember

Doesn't matter. If I go somewhere I don't have to cook, if I cook I don't have to go anwhere.

5. Do you eat your eggs after you dye them, or do you toss them?

Well, duh! Hardboiled eggs are the t!ts!

Early 1980s...When I was young

Neither. (But if you had listed Cabury MiniEggs I would have selected those. They are awesome!!)

Sometimes. I once got Double Dribble video game for the Nintendo.

To them. That way I don't have to clean up and I can leave anytime.

Yes. Nothing quite like deviled eggs that are colored red, blue, green or yellow!!!

No clue.

Cream Eggs all the way! Peeps are absolutely vile.

Yeah, as a kid we'd always get a little something on Easter morning.

I like when they come to visit.

The eggs are already dead. ;)
We usually don't dye them, but SWMBO would eat them if we did. I hate hard boiled eggs.

Yesterday. We had one at work. :)

Peeps (since there is only 2 to choose from)

My mom always put art supplies, jewelry, makeup in our baskets too.

Hubby's family doesn't get together on holidays. Mine family is too far away.

Eat them. Deviled eggs....yum!

One year my mom served rabbit on Easter and my older siblings told me it was the Easter bunny. :(

Nurmey said:
One year my mom served rabbit on Easter and my older siblings told me it was the Easter bunny. :(

HA!!! My dad used to tell us that if we didn't behave he was gonna "shoot that goddamn Easter Bunny!"

And on Christmas he'd say that if we didn't get to bed he was going to light a fire in the fireplace so Santa would burn his ass on the way down and not leave us anything.

Back