What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are always good.

ForumRunner_20130317_190659.jpg

Just got back from having some food and doing "research".

I had 3 Guinness, so I can see if they really DO taste any different in Ireland. Ill report back after our trip and let ya know. I feel I have a pretty good idea of the taste haha.

Now, an Anti-Hero IPA. A HUGE change from Guinness.

Needs to warm up a bit, but so far it's tasting pretty good. Strong malt with chocolate, coffee and caramel notes. Very smooth and not overly roasty. A slight alcohol warmth is quite pleasant.

I like the Storm King a whole lot. Thanks for reminding me I need to pick up another sixer soon.

Little Sumpin Sumpin. Only two left. Will have to move onto Odells Red. Or Slobber homebrew. Maybe some Tomatin 12 year scotch. Should've got some Jameson to celebrate one of my favorite holidays.

ForumRunner_20130317_202459.png

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Just got back from having some food and doing "research".

I had 3 Guinness, so I can see if they really DO taste any different in Ireland. Ill report back after our trip and let ya know. I feel I have a pretty good idea of the taste haha.

Now, an Anti-Hero IPA. A HUGE change from Guinness.

I do have to thank you sir! I saw you post Anti-Hero IPA sometime last week and I picked some up on my visit to Chicago this weekend. It's a really solid IPA.

I picked it up this weekend at the Three Floyds Brewpub. Unfortunately, I didn't buy more. If they still have them the next time I go up there I will purchase several more. I'm trying to figure out how I can get my hands on Deschutes Teku.

Prairie has a Teku as a reward for their Kickstarter campaign to expand their barrel program.

I haven't had a cigarette in over a year, a cigar in over 6 months, and haven't fired up my pipe in a few months. sipping a pour from a growler of Select 32 from Okoboji Brewing Company and enjoying the slight licorice from the star anise. really missing the cigarettes, long for a cigar, and want to step onto the porch for a nice bowl full of Captain Black.

edit: St Paddy's day has become Amateur night. why would pro's like us want to dabble in such an exhibition of immaturity? I say here's to us pro's on drinking proper!

A rather pleasant stout which I named Midnight Oil #1. It was supposed to have been a dry stout but I overshot the mash temp a bit and it ended up rather sweet. Despite - or perhaps because - of this, it is one of my more popular brews.

I do have to thank you sir! I saw you post Anti-Hero IPA sometime last week and I picked some up on my visit to Chicago this weekend. It's a really solid IPA.

Glad you like it! I got it in a trade, that I mainly wanted the 3 Floyds stuff, but I had him throw in a 6'er of Anti-Hero. I am really impressed by it. Nice and dry, very hoppy, rather bitter, but all in a balanced way. Its really a great IPA. It how I like my IPA's. If only Lagunitas would can their IPA, I would buy it by the case load.

No thanks Guinness, yes please Midnight Maple Wheat! Couple months age and its awesome maple city!

Hey I had one of those this morning! Haha. And it has gotten better every time I sample one, I think I'm putting the 2nd case in the cellar with my sours to age some, if I don't it will be gone in no time.

Hey I had one of those this morning! Haha. And it has gotten better every time I sample one, I think I'm putting the 2nd case in the cellar with my sours to age some, if I don't it will be gone in no time.

:rockin: I have half a case left that I put away for that reason. Im gonna brew it again soon, glad to hear you enjoy it!

Tank 7 farmhouse ale it is. And its worth it for shure.Itz kinda bissfull,kinda.Not kinda.

Right now, a Stone Enjoy By 04/01/13

So, I bought 2 of these the day they came out. The first 2 were great. Very tasty. The fresh hop flavor was incredible. I didnt want to rush out and buy another one, but it was a great beer.

I was at a local Whole Foods, and saw the beer again. I though, what the heck, I liked it, Ill try it again.

Now having this one, I am regretting the purchase. Its really not good at all. Not sure why this is so much worse that the first two. But, wow. After the Anti-Hero IPA, this is not good. Not sure if I can make it through the bomber of this. Slainte!!

Back