BoothBay Maine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDudeLebowski

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Going to be heading up there for Labor Day weekend. I plan on hitting Portland in the morning on the way up for brunch, probably the breweries and Novare Res Bier Café. I'm also heading up to Belgrade Lakes on Sunday to play 36 holes at the golf course. It can't be all about me. Saturday is going to be all Booth Bay. Any advice on things to do in that area. Scenice drives, restaurants.... I have a feeling she wants to try to kill me with the stand up paddle surfboards. Watch for it on the nightly news.

If you can grab a lobster roll at the Portland lobster company, then do so. I vacationed to New England in July and their lobster roll was flippin fantastic. I'm drooling for it now.

Also, we stopped at ogunquit before hitting Portland, which was our main goal, fiancee and I would have rather spent more time in ogunquit. Neat little town. You can check out Marginal Way for a scenic walk while you are there.

I golfed in the Ogunquit area this weekend. It's a great area. Gets a little crowded though. I was also, reading in the paper that there's such an overload of lobster the price has gotten down to $2/lb. We'll be using them for shooting practice pretty soon.

I am pretty jealous, we don't get much quality seafood here in the Midwest. And when we do get it, its expensive as hell. I can justify a $15 lobster roll in maine, but a $20 one here in the Midwest that was likely frozen? No thank you.

It's a nice area. Hit Neddick Lighthouse just north of York if you're back in the area. They light it up during Christmas

4101675581_c952eda67a_z.jpg

Back