Personal brew website?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of creating a little corner of the web dedicated to homebrewing. Here's a link to the very raw beginnings. Ideas? What can I add that will be useful? Or should I give up and just keep everything brew related here on HBT?

Yuri_Rage said:
I've been toying with the idea of creating a little corner of the web dedicated to homebrewing. Here's a link to the very raw beginnings. Ideas? What can I add that will be useful? Or should I give up and just keep everything brew related here on HBT?

I have thought of doing the same thing, but im computer stupid. I think pictures showing the brewing process step by step would be a good start. Also pictures of all your great DIY stuff with parts list would be great.
I love this guys website it helped me alot with my first all grain.
http://cruisenews.net/brewing/index.php

My idea is to compile my projects and recipes in one place, accessible to everyone. I have a lot of family/friends that like to check out my brew operation but don't necessarily want an account here (internet illiteracy is mostly to blame). I guess that's the driving force at this point.

I figure if I'm going to make a site, though, it might as well be useful to anyone who stumbles upon it. Also, I'd be able to upload things like spreadsheets and software that I can't upload here.

Go for it Yuri. You could create a bunch of nice info pages on all your DIY projects. I have one that I had intentions on having various stuff on but then got lazy on updating it. I stash things there that I can refer to here and other places though. Someday I'll jump on it again, but considering 'puters is my job I don't have much motivation to start in on it when I get home...

No, I meant your web site looked like mine. And Ed's. You're right I think I'm clear with old pueblo...

I know, I should post some details on the DIY stuff. For now, I updated the recipes. Any suggestions on the format for those (follow the link in the OP)?

pfranco81 said:
"veritable plethora" chose one, words or tools. You can't be skilled with both; it makes me feel bad about myself.
Oh, if you only knew my penchant for correct grammar and obsessive pet peeves related to it...

I try really hard to type "conversationally" here and ignore the spelling/grammar mistakes of others. Sometimes it works. Other times...I probably sound like your nagging high school English teacher. Sorry.

Yuri_Rage said:
Oh, if you only knew my penchant for correct grammar and obsessive pet peeves related to it...

I'm generally pretty bad as well. However, I tend to be on the forum after work when after I'm a few in the bag, so speaking conversationally isn't a choice.

Update! My brew page now includes a search function that you can use to search this site! Use it to get better results and eliminate the three letter word problem.

Or, type your searches into Google like this:
[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=homebrewing+beer+site%3Awww.homebrewtalk.com&btnG=Search"]homebrewing beer site:www.homebrewtalk.com[/ame]

i used to have a personal brewing site - now i just create and maintain our club's website

I have one in the making... Don't have it up on the web yet.. just working the bugs out.. I think it is nice.. it allows me to format the recipies and my thoughts and any DIY projects that I do in a way of my choosing.. Gives me more flexability then in a fourm setting..

SpamDog

Yuri_Rage said:
Update! My brew page now includes a search function that you can use to search this site! Use it to get better results and eliminate the three letter word problem.

Cool. Thanks for the Apfelwein plug! I like the search funtion.

Back