Brewing rig schematic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgcalsaverini

Reaction score
Hey folks! I wanted to get some professional opinions on my new rig schematic, so here it is.
Oh, and I forgot to translate it from Portuguese to English, my bad. It should not be a problem though, and by the way bomba = pump, água = water and TC is a plate heat exchanger

The full schematic:
fullx.png

Getting the strike water ready:
18416080.png

Dough-in:
24787516.png

Recirculating mash and HLT trough heat exchanger to keep mash temp:
47469355.png

Vorlauf (it shouldn't be necessary, but I want to be able to do it):
39655275.png

Fly sparging:
49163034.png

Whirlpooling:
99948451.png

Dumping the hot break:
88455168.png

Chilling the wort and sending it to the fermenter:
72876101.png

Sorry for the huge amount of images!

So, any insights?

Yeah, I know! hehehe
Its actually 35 gal, and since I want it fully automated via computer, I'm not sure if I could remove any =(
You would do it any differently?

[...]You would do it any differently?

Latitude is given for a 1bbl or larger system ;)

If you're going for total automation anyway, you might look into using a common transfer manifold or two and plumbing everything into that/those. I've seen some pretty cool systems using that technique and it strikes me that many fewer valves and a lot less piping were involved...

Cheers!

[...] you might look into using a common transfer manifold or two and plumbing everything into that/those [...]

Humm, sounds interesting! But I have no idea of what you are talking about, do you have a thread / schematic to share?

This is the model. There were a few corrections and adaptions made to the schematic, and most likely there's still a lot of mistakes.
sistema5.png

sistema4.png

sistema3.png

sistema1.png

Back