what to bew with 1098

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullshivit-brew

Reaction score
I am going to brew this weekend but only have WYeast 1098 on hand. Was going to do an iPA or an arrogant bastard clone. I normally use pacman for my AB clone and ESB for my IPA. So a little help what would you do

I think it would work quite well with an aemerican IPA, although I have nevere tried it.

From Whitbread. Ferments dry and crisp, slightly tart, fruity and well-balanced. Ferments well down to 65° F. Apparent attenuation: 68-72%. Flocculation: high. Optimum temp: 64°-75° F

I'd recommend trying a bitter, pale ale or IPA with 1098. It's a a yeast with good attenuation characteristics so it's good for nice crisp ales.

I'd recommend trying a bitter, pale ale or IPA with 1098. It's a a yeast with good attenuation characteristics so it's good for nice crisp ales.

ditto, i've done PA and IPA with this yeast and it worked well.

I'm drinking my last IPA tomorrow night, its 6 months old and really look forward to it.

Back