Is this kegging system a good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received this system yesterday. Everything looks great, I havent connected everything and tested it yet.

I have that set up. Works wonderfully. I keep the pressure around 12 psi @ 42 degrees and always get the perfect amount of head. The only thing you need now is the CO2.

I'm drinking off of this system for the first time tonight! I gave my kegs 24 hrs cold crashing (38-40degrees), 24 hrs 30# psi, and three days serving pressure (10-15#psi), and it's fantastic! And yes, each keg has an independent regulator, I'm running one at 10# (brown ale), and one at 15# (APA), right now.

You could use a "T" hose barb fitting too, but then you wouldn't be able to shut one off.

Note that the quick disconnects ARE shutoffs. The real advantage to manifolds or additional regulators are the check valves keeping your beer from getting into another keg. This only happens if you have higher pressure in the keg than on the regulator when you hook one up.

Note that the quick disconnects ARE shutoffs. The real advantage to manifolds or additional regulators are the check valves keeping your beer from getting into another keg. This only happens if you have higher pressure in the keg than on the regulator when you hook one up.
UMMMMM? Your beer should be under the IN dip Tube, no???

I've had a few of my quick connects leak co2 though while disconnected. That's why I always put in something that has a shutoff inline. I suppose I should replace those when they leak, but I'm cheap.

I've had a few of my quick connects leak co2 though while disconnected. That's why I always put in something that has a shutoff inline. I suppose I should replace those when they leak, but I'm cheap.

Me too.

I've got a dual CO2 regulator -- one of them has a 2-way splitter/shutoff straight out of the regulator, and one has just one barb fitting w/ shutoff (for force carbing). The 2-way attached to the regulator goes to a 6-way splitter w/ shutoffs and a 2-way splitter w/ shutoffs.

Every keg can be shut off individually. It's nice being able to micromanage your gas system.

Back