I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange how some spices and hot peppers in particular intensify with freezing.
True. I just hadn't realized cinnamon would be one of them. *cough* Next time, less cinnamon. I think I will add a bit of ginger too, or maybe even cardamon. There is also nutmeg and cloves in this, but not much. The result is somewhat one dimensional flavor wise. The textures isn't terrible, but it's not fantastic either...

I'm thinking I'll just do vanilla a few times, until I work out a recipe that produces the texture I'm looking for. I'm wanting a longer melt time in the mouth then this has. I really dislike ice cream with a lot of fat in it though. To me it tastes greasy.

True. I just hadn't realized cinnamon would be one of them. *cough* Next time, less cinnamon. I think I will add a bit of ginger too, or maybe even cardamon. There is also nutmeg and cloves in this, but not much. The result is somewhat one dimensional flavor wise. The textures isn't terrible, but it's not fantastic either...

I'm thinking I'll just do vanilla a few times, until I work out a recipe that produces the texture I'm looking for. I'm wanting a longer melt time in the mouth then this has. I really dislike ice cream with a lot of fat in it though. To me it tastes greasy.

Do I remember you saying you don't do dairy and use coconut milk? I have a hard time with unfermented dairy products, but cheese and yogurt are fine. My wife has been making some great yogurt that we've been using in sauces and such lately.

Anyone ever tried looking for commercial real estate online? Maybe it's just my lack of techno savy, but I'm having a heck of a time finding rental properties which is pretty funny since the area I'm looking at might have 20% occupancy.

That must be a relief. It sucks thinking somebody really might be trying to seriously hurt you..

It really is a relief. I was a nervous wreck for months last year. I would wake up a few times every night and run out my front door with a golf club yelling obscenities trying to catch someone in the act. haha..

It really is a relief. I was a nervous wreck for months last year. I would wake up a few times every night and run out my front door with a golf club yelling obscenities trying to catch someone in the act. haha..

Had a couple meth heads get lost on their way to their dealers house and end up in my driveway last year. They were just the pathetic and stupid kind of addicts, not the scary kind, but still had me on edge. We've got plans to move up to the hills in the next few years and I'll be getting a German Sheppard to train as a protection dog for my wife. I've always wanted to train a working dog and she's always wanted something to hurt bad people if I'm not arround to do it.

Do I remember you saying you don't do dairy and use coconut milk? I have a hard time with unfermented dairy products, but cheese and yogurt are fine. My wife has been making some great yogurt that we've been using in sauces and such lately..
When I make ice cream, yes. I can drink milk in moderation, eat one yogurt, or eat as much cheese as I want. Ice cream, or lots of milk, doesn't agree with me though. It isn't a big deal, but if I'm going to make it I'd rather not have the lactose to deal with.

So, your neighbors now think your nuts. :D
Had a couple meth heads get lost on their way to their dealers house and end up in my driveway last year. They were just the pathetic and stupid kind of addicts, not the scary kind, but still had me on edge. We've got plans to move up to the hills in the next few years and I'll be getting a German Sheppard to train as a protection dog for my wife. I've always wanted to train a working dog and she's always wanted something to hurt bad people if I'm not arround to do it.
Hmm, a shotgun doesn't need to be walked you know.

So, your neighbors now think your nuts. :D

Hmm, a shotgun doesn't need to be walked you know.

Funny, that doesn't stop me from taking my shotgun for walks when I see people parked in the GD pullout for the phone transfer station. The guy who used to own our place was old and a little gone in the head when he leased the land to them for 20 years or however long. I finally got the phone company to block it off, it's supposed to be chained, but that dissapeared. The posts still keep people from pulling in. Before then, every time some dumb a$$ wanted to get high or meet their dealer, or get their freak on, they thought the pullout on our property looked like a good place. If it's dark, their headlights would shine right in our bedroom window. I'd grab the gun and my phone and dial 91 before I strolled over to see what they were doing. More often than not, they were dropping a turd when I knocked on their window and then apologizing profusely and promising not to stop there again. The day I walk over because I heard the car stereo was fun. Two guys who looked like bangers with facial tattoos were sitting their rolling a blunt. Thought I might have bitten off more than I could chew. They didn't speak English, but understood 'policia' and saw the phone in one hand and the 12 gauge in the other and thankfully they left.

Funny, that doesn't stop me from taking my shotgun for walks when I see people parked in the GD pullout for the phone transfer station. The guy who used to own our place was old and a little gone in the head when he leased the land to them for 20 years or however long. I finally got the phone company to block it off, it's supposed to be chained, but that dissapeared. The posts still keep people from pulling in. Before then, every time some dumb a$$ wanted to get high or meet their dealer, or get their freak on, they thought the pullout on our property looked like a good place. If it's dark, their headlights would shine right in our bedroom window. I'd grab the gun and my phone and dial 91 before I strolled over to see what they were doing. More often than not, they were dropping a turd when I knocked on their window and then apologizing profusely and promising not to stop there again. The day I walk over because I heard the car stereo was fun. Two guys who looked like bangers with facial tattoos were sitting their rolling a blunt. Thought I might have bitten off more than I could chew. They didn't speak English, but understood 'policia' and saw the phone in one hand and the 12 gauge in the other and thankfully they left.
Now THAT'S a good story!

Hmm, the tubing for dispensing is 3/16" ID not 5/16" like I thought. Ok. That's actually good, more resistance that way.

:confused: Well Dan, not exactly true(at least from my point of view) You are currently changing up ALL of your comfort areas to give up what you have for what may be. Pretty sure that takes a little testicular fortitude:D

Beaks, thank you for the nice thoughts. Your kind words of support will help me get through this sh7t'

I'm not really sure about my life changing move. It might be testicular fortitude or maybe just stupidity. We'll all find out sometime next year.

Tonight I talked with a young person that epitomizes perseverance and testicular fortitude. I fall short of this.

A girl, friend of my daughter. This girl is 21, was born the PI, had a baby at 17, and now lives here in the USA, on her own means. (fast food place, no insurance benefits)

Hell, when I was that age my only worry was where to get laid and how to save enough money for some Bose 901 speakers..

This girl is putting a roof over her head, and she does for a few other people as well, plus she emotionally and financially supports her daughter in another country. I'm over twice her age and don't have that much determination or courage.

If there's trophy for TF, which I don't think is a formal one. This young lady. Stephany, would win it; in my book - At least. :)

Beaks, thank you for the nice thoughts. Your kind words of support will help me get through this sh7t'

I'm not really sure about my life changing move. It might be testicular fortitude or maybe just stupidity. We'll all find out sometime next year.

Tonight I talked with a young person that epitomizes perseverance and testicular fortitude. I fall short of this.

A girl, friend of my daughter. This girl is 21, was born the PI, had a baby at 17, and now lives here in the USA, on her own means. (fast food place, no insurance benefits)

Hell, when I was that age my only worry was where to get laid and how to save enough money for some Bose 901 speakers..

This girl is putting a roof over her head, and she does for a few other people as well, plus she emotionally and financially supports her daughter in another country. I'm over twice her age and don't have that much determination or courage.

If there's trophy for TF, which I don't think is a formal one. This young lady. Stephany, would win it; in my book - At least. :)

You have that as well you raised kids sent them to college etc. People will either rise to the challenges that life throws at them or give up. I know that no matter what you will rise above.

We are always are own worst critics, if you start believing that your better then all others you need to be an actor or a politician.:D

I spent all kinds of money on security stuff around the house last year. I lost a ton of sleep thinking someone was trying to off me by cutting my brake lines. And it was just a stupid dog! haha..

This reminds me of a story a few years ago. I own a Honda Civic. The summer after I bought it, my wife came in one day and said that she thought the car had been vandalized - the rear wheel well liners were missing. I went out, looked at my car and looked at hers (a Toyota Corolla), and yes, it appeared that the wheel well liners were missing. There were screws, but no liner. I didn't recall seeing this before, and didn't know when it could have happened.

I installed security lights around the house and generally upped security, checking all the car and house locks at night before turning in. Kinda was pissed and nervous about the neighborhood after that.

I lived with the missing liners for two winters, and it was a nuisance as snow tended to get thrown up into the plastic fender part and you had to kick it out. I finally had to bring it in for belt service, and I asked them to install new rear wheel well liners.

When I returned to pick up my car, they explained that they couldn't replace them, as the car never had rear wheel well liners, by design. The body is coated and so rust isn't a problem, but they did say they did get a lot of gripes about the "missing" liners. When I thought of my worries over the last couple of years due to something that wasn't even there, I had to laugh.

I wonder how a Brettanomyces Lambicus and black cherry juice brew would be? I wonder if it would still be appropriate to call it wine?

Interesting, brett character in wine is usually considered a flaw. Odd that it's used deliberately in beer then. Perhaps it's the tendency of wine to have a higher ABV. Therefore more of the brett flavor is produced. I'll have to think about that.

I wonder how a Brettanomyces Lambicus and black cherry juice brew would be? I wonder if it would still be appropriate to call it wine?

I feel like I can say with great confidence that it will be very good, and you should send me a bottle when it's ready! PLEASE!

Do you guys every get a thirst that you can't seem to quench?? That's how I feel tonight. I have to be careful when I feel that way, because I could chug beer at a very fast pace. Next thing you know.... I'm tanked! I've had a 6 pack of various beers and a shot of whiskey and I'm still thirsty, but I'm cutting myself off before I HATE the morning time....

Interesting, brett character in wine is usually considered a flaw. Odd that it's used deliberately in beer then. Perhaps it's the tendency of wine to have a higher ABV. Therefore more of the brett flavor is produced. I'll have to think about that.

Get a little maltose in the equation just for balance, and I bet it works out just fine!

I feel like I can say with great confidence that it will be very good, and you should send me a bottle when it's ready! PLEASE!

Do you guys every get a thirst that you can't seem to quench?? That's how I feel tonight. I have to be careful when I feel that way, because I could chug beer at a very fast pace. Next thing you know.... I'm tanked! I've had a 6 pack of various beers and a shot of whiskey and I'm still thirsty, but I'm cutting myself off before I HATE the morning time....
I would suggest drinking water or gatorade. You are probably dehydrated. The alcohol is going to make that worse. Well, the shot will. The beer should have enough water in it to out weigh the alcohol.

Get a little maltose in the equation just for balance, and I bet it works out just fine!
I was thinking about running two batches simultaneously. One of straight black cherry wine, one of black cherry with brett. Then blending.

I do have a pound or two of dme someplace I could add to the brett batch. Hmm...

I was thinking about running two batches simultaneously. One of straight black cherry wine, one of black cherry with brett. Then blending.

I do have a pound or two of dme someplace I could add to the brett batch. Hmm...

The blending sounds like a good idea.

I would suggest drinking water or gatorade. You are probably dehydrated. The alcohol is going to make that worse. Well, the shot will. The beer should have enough water in it to out weigh the alcohol.

Yeah, I agree that I'm probably dehydrated. Although, I'm not sure why. I didn't have a real hard day like I usually do. Gatorade is a good idea. When I drink a lot I try to mix in either Gatorade or a huge glass of skim milk. When I drink lots of water I tend to get really bad reflux, so I try to stay away from that. Skim milk seems to keep that in check while still providing hydration for me.

Why is it that every time I open the door to my linen closet, my cat crawls in there? It's a closet.

Why is it that every time I open the door to my linen closet, my cat crawls in there? It's a closet.

Reminds me of how I liked to hang out in the attic any time my father went up there when I was a child. I really loved going up in that dirty, dangerous attic.

Off topic, can anything really be off topic on a thread in the drunken ramblings sub section?, I'm starting to wonder if there really is something chemically wrong with my brain.

I went several weeks where I didn't have any trouble sleeping, but I was very depressed. For the last several days I've felt like I've gotten a constant dose of caffeine. I'm hyper alert, thinking faster then normal. I can't seem to get to sleep. I can't shut my mind down. The thing is, I'm not sure I'd want a cure if there is one. I know that for the next couple of weeks I'll be able to do so much it's almost scary. I've been feeling, not hyper, but extremely mentally active and focused. The downside is that I know I'll also be prone to occasional intense feelings of rage.

Am I crazy for not wanting this fixed? I've been like this for as long as I can remember. It's just recently I've started to think that it's abnormal. Is it even abnormal?

Sounds like cyclothymia or even bipolar disorder.

Many sufferers resist treatment because they don't want to lose the "highs", but especially with the latter it generally ends up becoming a destructive force in their lives.

Sounds like cyclothymia or even bipolar disorder.

Many sufferers resist treatment because they don't want to lose the "highs", but especially with the latter it generally ends up becoming a destructive force in their lives.
Hmm, well I'm 28. It's not going to kill me tomorrow. I'll think about it more then.

I took 9mg of melatonin and about 5 shots a while ago. I'm going to bed...Yeah, I'm not drunk. No idea how that works with that many shots, but I'm not. Whatever, I'm relaxed and getting drowsy. Goodnight HBT crew.

Thanks LRB. A new life brought into this world today. It happens everyday and always a wondrous event. A new life.

Leadgolem said:
There are several wineries known for their Brett character. Unfortunately the prices are above even my most expensive & treasured beers in the cellar and I can't justify dropping that kinda coin on vino.

You've got a rather loose definition of wine LG. Not sure Brett'd hooch would be very good, but only one way to find out.

Congrats on your new granddaughter Dan!

Back