Brew contest keg holder/dispenser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaffer1515

Reaction score
Have an idea in my head to make some type of box to hold 3 kegs for brew contests or events. I would have 3 'snap taps' that would connect directly to the kegs with faucets so the box could sit in front of me much like having taps at the bar. Ofcourse the unit will have to be insulated and hold ice or something to keep it cool. Anyone ever build something along these lines?

This came to mind. Not necessarily that exact execution but I have seen a number of solutions similar to what you are wanting but using a trash can as the base.

DSCF2640.JPG

This came to mind. Not necessarily that exact execution but I have seen a number of solutions similar to what you are wanting but using a trash can as the base.

DSCF2640.JPG

Yeah not quite what I'm looking for, but an interesting idea. I'm looking for something that will prob sit on a table top as a box with three kegs in front of me and have the snap taps I bought hanging over the edge of the box.

Yeah not quite what I'm looking for, but an interesting idea. I'm looking for something that will prob sit on a table top as a box with three kegs in front of me and have the snap taps I bought hanging over the edge of the box.

Any idea what size/type of keg is in that?

5 gallon corny kegs. It may be rather cumbersome to sit kegs with those style taps on top of a normal table. The overall height may be difficult to see over for some. A box on the ground with party taps may be easier to wrangle. You could put casters on it so you can wheel it around. Just a thought.

Thread has been dead awhile just bumping to see if anyone else out there has any ideas for this project? :mug:

I think that box linked was a good idea. How come you didn't want to use it?

It's the leading choice right now but not quite what I have pictured in my head. Wanted to see if anyone has anything made to similar to what I am thinking and if they have any pointers on the build itself...

Something similar to this....

I have ball lock kegs and the rubber portion of them at the top is 22" high. Thinking of making an insulated box that is 22" high and then an insulated lid with 8.5" holes to fit snug around the kegs and then I can connect my co2 and snap tap and have a bar type feel for a competition...

working on some tap handles too with the beer names ect....

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=531022

Untitled.png

Latest posts

Back