So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kegging a coffee mocha porter on wed. Making a Citra pale ale Saturday and a Nut brown ale on Sunday. My first two AG batches.

I'm thinking of brewing another batch of the Porter I have on tap right now. That or an APA to test out some of the new hops I've got in bulk. Decisions decisions..........

Plans are to brew a lambic Saturday and pick up some more kegs. Just bought 8 lbs of hops so I need to plan a lot of brews for the next few weekends as well as probably max out resuses of yeast and carboys in fermentation.

Which ones?

Which hops? I just got in a couple pounds of NZ Southern Cross and AU Galaxy that I've never brewed with myself. I also have some Eureka that I still haven't brewed with.

I went on a hop buying spree a little while ago, and I got the Southern Cross and Galaxy on sale for $3.75/pound on black firday so I just have an absurd amount of hops in my freezer. Simcoe, Centennial, Azacca, Mosaic, Columbus, Cascade, Magnum, Sonnet Goldings, Styrian Goldings, Millenium, Chinook, Columbus, Amarillo, Nugget, Belma, Sterling, Cluster, Crystal, Galaxy, Southern Cross, and Glacier.

Yes... I have a hop buying problem. No shame. :mug:

Which hops? I just got in a couple pounds of NZ Southern Cross and AU Galaxy that I've never brewed with myself. I also have some Eureka that I still haven't brewed with.

I went on a hop buying spree a little while ago, and I got the Southern Cross and Galaxy on sale for $3.75/pound on black firday so I just have an absurd amount of hops in my freezer. Simcoe, Centennial, Azacca, Mosaic, Columbus, Cascade, Magnum, Sonnet Goldings, Styrian Goldings, Millenium, Chinook, Columbus, Amarillo, Nugget, Belma, Sterling, Cluster, Crystal, Galaxy, Southern Cross, and Glacier.

Yes... I have a hop buying problem. No shame. :mug:

BigMack
I'm thinking of brewing another batch of the Porter I have on tap right now. That or an APA to test out some of the new hops I've got in bulk. Decisions decisions..........

Decisions indeed, you'd probably have a shorter list if you listed what beers you can't brew with this selection.

brewed Wee heavy today, double mash, og 1,101
first time i finished with the volume exactly i was looking for (21lt) and missing the og by only one point (target 1,100) and i made it with a double mash, 69% efficency :)

Decisions indeed, you'd probably have a shorter list if you listed what beers you can't brew with this selection.

It is a gift and a curse. Every time I brew I spend a couple days going back and forth between all the different things I want to brew and all the hop combos I want to try.

Been below 20's and snow on ground the last few days but supposed to be 50's in Sat so Going to try and sneak in an oatmeal stout.

Not exactly brewing, setting up an apfelwein.

What the trub is apfelwein ? :D

I'm brewing 5 gal of Imperial Espresso Stout on Sat. I waited WAY too long to get this one going. Still, should be ready by Jan - Feb

I just finished brewing a 3-ish gallon batch of all-grain ginger beer. Mainly to see if I can brew at night because my Saturdays have a bad habit of disappearing. (church and family, mostly the church, keep putting things on my calendar without asking me first. Always on the only day I can brew)

Looks like it works but I gotta do the prep work the day before next time, and get a little earlier start.

I better go clean up the mess a little before I goto bed...

Soldered in my Heating elements Tri-clamp ports, water tests and finished up last wiring on the rig. First all electric brew day tomorrow. Turned into a two year project! SNPA 10Gal and a pumpkin pie porter up bright and early tomorrow! Its like Christmas lol...

Going to brew Papazian's Silver Dollar Porter, and finish it with American oak. Forecast for the brew: 77F and rainy.

Smoked ESBish. Cherry wood smoked malt. Hallertau instead of english hops. Light and sweet smoke undertones.

Happy Mashing Festivus, Losers

20161211_102009.jpg

Brewed up 5 gal of house ale wendsday brew day from hell when my counter flow chiller plugged off with grain particles. So today I'm going to try to redeem myself with a 5 gal of bells two hearted clone.

Just had a long brew day. Trying to do a single infusion mash. Way over shot the water. Oh well almost finished .

Back