Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like that sleek, conservative anarchist jacket you're wearing ;)

that jacket is about 40 years old. my uncle gave it to me and was pissed when I did that to it. this is what it looked like about 10 years ago.

old pic2.jpg

old pic3.jpg

It is absolutely a liberal thing. True conservatives (not the social conservative neocons) value capitalism and freedom for businesses to operate.

You may want to check your definitions...liberalism and anarchists go hand in hand. Unless of course you think it's conservatives who burned Ferguson and are tearing Baltimore apart. Notice I never said anything about political party; I'm talking about ideals.
You don't own the same Webster's I do, apparently. In mine anarchist and liberal are two separate words, with very different meanings.

How do you square your description of liberals as anarchists with the common conservative belief that liberals love big government? That seems like a pretty big either/or to me...;)

It's also a crock to blame Ferguson rioting on liberals. People who take advantage of protests to riot and loot are generally apolitical criminals, not liberal political activists.

LMAO! That was pretty good right there! The first description was great too! "If I give you this Bud Light, are you up for whatever happens"? A few bottles later...BUUURAAAAALPH! :D

It is absolutely a liberal thing. True conservatives (not the social conservative neocons) value capitalism and freedom for businesses to operate.

You may want to check your definitions...liberalism and anarchists go hand in hand.

That second sentence is absolute nonsense.

As for the first, conservatives also value the ability for entrepreneurs to enter and disrupt a market (really, I think most of us value that, but anyway). Big businesses definitely try to gain monopolistic control to prevent new entrants from finding a foothold, in every industry.

This John Oliver clip has some pretty funny descriptions of Bud Light at about the 2:50 mark (if you don't have time for the whole thing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxyGGKWGV70

I'd like to see a spoof of one of those commercials:

*Guy walks up to bar*

Bartender: What can I get ya?
Customer: Bud Light.
B: If I give you this Bud Light, are you up for whatever happens?
C: Hell yeah, bro!
B: Alright man! Take this! *Hands something to customer*
C: What's this?
B: It's a dress. We're hitting up a drag club.
C: WTF dude?!
B: You said you were up for whatever!
C: No! That's f***in' gay.

Announcer: Bud Light. When you're up for anything...as long as it's stereotypical hyper-macho bro stuff.

Offered a neighbor a home brew sasion, he said "no thanks, it's not my thing, I'm a coors light guy. It's probably too strong for me anyway." this from the 6'2" 300lb guy. My wife thought he was a p#§§¥ when I told her. She likes imperial stouts

Offered a neighbor a home brew sasion, he said "no thanks, it's not my thing, I'm a coors light guy. It's probably too strong for me anyway." this from the 6'2" 300lb guy. My wife thought he was a p#§§¥ when I told her. She likes imperial stouts

You should have offered him a Guinness ;)

Here to ruin everyone's fun. Please don't post political thoughts outside the debate forum. If you see someone has done that, please don't respond with your own political thought. Use the report button instead.

And never post disrespectful or name calling posts - those won't just get deleted, they will earn you a break from HBT.

If these posts continue, the thread will get closed.

Please go back to funny things.

I think you're overanalyzing it, as new brewers tend to do. If it's not bubbling, it hasn't started (but it most likely will) or it's done. If you aren't sure, wait a few days. The yeast will settle, the beer will clarify considerably, and your beer will be better having waited.

It's rare to let a beer sit for too long, but lots of new folks tend to jump the gun and drink beer green.

As for the airlock or blow tube, both get ruined if they get all full of sticky foam, so it's mostly a cost issue. Best thing is to ferment in a vessel large enough that you don't have blow-off, and then just use an airlock.

Janx

Is this because of the discussion on taco spice?

EDIT: Whoa, I meant to quote this from Pappers: Here to ruin everyone's fun. Please don't post political thoughts outside the debate forum. If you see someone has done that, please don't respond with your own political thought. Use the report button instead.

And never post disrespectful or name calling posts - those won't just get deleted, they will earn you a break from HBT.

If these posts continue, the thread will get closed.

Please go back to funny things.

Guinness is like a black liquid John Mayer song.

Racist. :p

Why is Guinness so funny? No matter the circumstance, Guinness is the punchline.

Because, like it was discussed a few pages back, the public's perception of Guinness (heavy, high alcohol, viscous, tons of calories) vs. the reality (thin-bodied, sessionable, relatively low-calorie) are polar opposites of one another. That's funny.

There's a snow post? Sounds exciting!!

No, "Snow" thread.

I wish I could contribute something funny heard about beer, but my social group doesn't dwell to much on their favorites. We all respect choices. A few Lite drinkers, Sierra Nevada, Fat Tire, and Spotted cow.

There was a new one on tap. Something like Docklehaus. Maybe it's funny that I can 't remember the spelling.

Other conversations can get lively.

Racist. :p

Because, like it was discussed a few pages back, the public's perception of Guinness (heavy, high alcohol, viscous, tons of calories) vs. the reality (thin-bodied, sessionable, relatively low-calorie) are polar opposites of one another. That's funny.

That is funny! I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "I can't drink that...too strong...milkshake...calories...high alcohol...!"

No, "Snow" thread.

I wish I could contribute something funny heard about beer, but my social group doesn't dwell to much on their favorites. We all respect choices. A few Lite drinkers, Sierra Nevada, Fat Tire, and Spotted cow.

Crap now we will have to drink less Sierra Nevada and New Belgium because they are the new "Light". :D

Back