Cop gives ticket to man rushing wife to hospital

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyin' Lion

Reaction score
I seriously don't know how this man maintiained his composure, I was frantic when driving my wife to the hospital after her water broke.

Mass. man ticketed in gridlock while wife in labor - Yahoo! News

BOSTON – A man in Massachusetts is appealing a $100 ticket he got for driving to a hospital in the breakdown lane of a gridlocked Boston highway while his wife was in labor.
The Boston Globe reports that a state trooper pulled over John Davis and his wife Jennifer for using the breakdown lane on Nov. 18.
The Dracut man says his wife's contractions were three minutes apart. The couple says the trooper made them wait five to 10 minutes while he wrote a ticket for another car on Route 2, asked to see Jennifer's belly to prove her pregnancy, then issued them a ticket.
The couple made it to Mount Auburn Hospital in Cambridge. Their daughter was born five hours later.
State police say no discipline is likely for the trooper.

If she really was in labor, I don't see how she didn't start screaming a string of profanities at the dick cop. As a society, we give women in labor a pass at that ;) That kills me he asked to see her belly, since he wrote the ticket anyways.

If she really was in labor, I don't see how she didn't start screaming a string of profanities at the dick cop. As a society, we give women in labor a pass at that ;) That kills me he asked to see her belly, since he wrote the ticket anyways.

Maybe they needed the ticket to mop up the spill. I'd have told jack a$$ to get cock suckin a$$ back into his patrol vehicle and high tail it to the f'n hospital. Otherwise start shooting at me because I'm gonna floor it till I get to Mercy Medical. (Down Town Des Moines)

My SWMBO is ready to drop it in less than 7 days. If I get stopped (at the hospital) I'll tell them to finger pop the ol' pie hole. I got better shee-ite to be doing than chewing fat with the downtown staters. :D

meh, on the fence with this one.

Ideally the officer should of realized the immeniant delivery.

But on the other hand, the guy could of been driving like a total ****** and been a complete prick when pulled over.

If the guy needed to drive insanely fast to the hospital, he should of activated the ems system.

Ditto. You cant tell whats really going on here and yeah if it was an emergency call EMS otherwise... hope ya got scotch guard

Had the guy been driving like a ****** I'd imagine he wouldn't have stopped for the officer...

I prolly would have lost it in that situation...

Kid 8 years later - "so daddy wasn't there when I was born?"
Mom - "nope, he beat the crap out of a ****** cop so he was in jail"

I think that cop used to work for Yamhill. We had a real bonehead down here. He'd give out tickets in school zones at 3 a.m.

See it comes down to a judgement call on the part of the cop, and giving a ticket is one thing, but this guy made them wait 10 minutes while he ticketed another driver. That to me says that this officer exercised poor judgement.

Kinda hard to fake the 9th month of a pregnancy.

Not necessarily. I have a cousin who didn't even know she was pregnant until she was in her ninth month. Also, very heavy women can be difficult to tell if they're pregnant or not. You can't always tell by sight alone.

What this cop should have done was taken the guys statement as a declaration of a medical emergency and called for an ambulance. While waiting for the ambulance, he should have then provided the woman with whatever care necessary and within his means to comfort her or to deliver the child himself if need be. Giving the couple a ticket may have been a bit of a lunkhead move but it certainly wasn't legally wrong. All the guy has to do is contest the ticket and provide proof of his child's birth along with his wife's hospital records showing her admission and release dates and the ticket will most likely be thrown out.

So all a lady has to do is pretend to be in labor and they should get a free pass?

No, what I'm saying is is that when the turtle head's pokin out we tend to overlook the swearing and biting and the OMFG NEVER TOUCH ME AGAIN types of behavior.

Back