My inlaws think I'm a drunk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Iowa. Like many other states all of the bottles & cans have deposits. So none of them get thrown out.

I hate lugging them back to the recycling place. (A lot of twist offs) Needless to say I have a couple hundred before I get around to taking them back. I have several garbage bags with cans and bottles sitting in the garage.

Whenever I have company over that's not family they must think we 're drunks from all the cans and bottles sitting around.

It too bad I can't live up to that reputation. It would be much more fun! :D

I am Scottish and I suffer from the reverse of a hangover. If I do not drink I rehydrate and get a headache as my brain swells past its normal size. To keep the pressure down I have to drink beer.
:drunk:

dibby33 said:
I am Scottish and I suffer from the reverse of a hangover. If I do not drink I rehydrate and get a headache as my brain swells past its normal size. To keep the pressure down I have to drink beer.

LMAO! It's the perfect science! :rockin:

And thanks Lion for posting that. I totally missed that thread, and now have to go back and re-read the whole thing. I probably was in a haze (as I have been the last 2 weeks or so) and then the next thing I know all you EAC's start showing up and I had no idea where the hell it came from. And then NO ONE was even hinting at it.

Tight-lipped stubborn a** Elitist A** C**ts. :D

In case I haven't told you all lately, You guys rock. :rockin:

Ize

I used to worry about what others thought about me. Then I realized that I really didn't care what they thought. I have been much happier since. Most of my family is southern baptist so this has created many interesting discusions.

The best argument I heard was that god to place things water, barley, hops, and yeast to test man to see if he would create good (ie.. food for the poor) or evil (beer). I really pissed them off when I said that I brew beer for the poor.

My wife's folks are Mormon. I'm sure they were happy as hell when she married me (I have full sleeve tat's, love beer more than just about anything, and am about as non-religious as they come). They never say anything to me really, but thenagain I try to refrain from popping them open while they are here. It's not a big deal because they don't visit too often. Overall her parents are pretty cool all things considered, her dad was totally into my brewing setup.
People who don't have this hobby(obsession) would never understand!

FTR I normally drink a 22 a night with dinner and maybe a couple a night on the weekends. It could definitely be construed as excessive by some people's standards. I just love my beer..I don't get sh*thoused and throw stuff around, beat the wife, or kick the cat so what's the hubub?

Dan

This is another good reason to maybe eventually turn the GF into a full-fledged SWMBO. Both her parents and extended family are very Jewish and love to celebrate with some strong drink. They actually encouraged me to brew a batch specifically for the holiday of Purim, where basically you're supposed to get good an drunk! Wooot!
-Ben

Welsh, Irish, English and Danish.

I'm suprised I ever get sober. LOL

I'm the only person in my family with 25 gallons of beer and 2 gallons of spirits. Purely medicinal, I assure you.

Your reputation is what others perceive that you do. I may be the only Southern Baptist brewer for 100 miles.

English and Scottish here:

"Moderation sir, aye, moderation is my rule.
Nine or ten is reasonable refreshement,
but after that it's apt to degenerate
into drinking."

An Old Highland Saying

Doug

rokipynes said:
English and Scottish here:

"Moderation sir, aye, moderation is my rule.
Nine or ten is reasonable refreshement,
but after that it's apt to degenerate
into drinking."

An Old Highland Saying

Doug

Bravo Doug! Awesome quote! :tank:

Ize

At least you know how to keep your inlaws away.

"Friday night... well I'll be brewing, but sure you can come over."

As for me, my inlaws come over to drink my beer.

Back