What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My oaked old crustacean barley wine hydro sample. 14.7% abv. Brewed about 2 months ago. Has been sitting on the oak in the secondary for about 2 weeks. Very tasty. Can't wait until its ready. Maybe by next Feb.

ForumRunner_20130702_174504.jpg

Unless that limit was five cases or more, I didn't see any limiting at all.

Who wants some?????

jk, they're all min.
Ill gladly disagree. Before expansion as of maybe more then a month ago, limit was one case per person per day. That being said i frequent the brewery Thursdays (canning day) between 4-6 pm and there is more then plenty. those lasted until Friday night maybe early Saturday afternoon if it wasn't a busy weekend. After expansion the added an extra canning day (Monday) and raised the limit to 3 cases per customer per day. If you happen to go to there brewery its always good to call ahead, but i would easily say you are guaranteed to get some. Im a local and not trying to over hype it.

NIZZLE said:
Only after a long night of drinking :-D

You should see me trying to set up our CNC plasma table after a long night of drinking. I've crashed the torch a few times.

Cathedral said:
Should have seen it a week ago

Wow! That's a steep mountain side they're located on. Good thing you brought your gravity boots that day. ;)

My oaked old crustacean barley wine hydro sample. 14.7% abv. Brewed about 2 months ago. Has been sitting on the oak in thee secondary for about 2 weeks. Very tasty. Can't wait until its ready. Maybe by next Feb.

I tried the new crusty this weekend at the Rogue pub in Astoria. I thought I read that they were calling the beard beer New Crusty. Turns out they called it Beard Beer lol. I felt quite dumb when I realized I didn't try the beard beer :(

Ill gladly disagree. Before expansion as of maybe more then a month ago, limit was one case per person per day. That being said i frequent the brewery Thursdays (canning day) between 4-6 pm and there is more then plenty. those lasted until Friday night maybe early Saturday afternoon if it wasn't a busy weekend. After expansion the added an extra canning day (Monday) and raised the limit to 3 cases per customer per day. If you happen to go to there brewery its always good to call ahead, but i would easily say you are guaranteed to get some. Im a local and not trying to over hype it.

I'm sure you're right; I honestly did see one guy have to take a dolly out with over five cases but it's most likely he was was a bar or distributor.

I loved Vermont. Your should be proud of your state, sir. I met a lot of nice people and saw a lot of nice things going on.

Wow! That's a steep mountain side they're located on. Good thing you brought your gravity boots that day. ;)

Not sure if joking, but drive a couple tenths of a mile down the road to the Best Western... I didn't think the girlfriends Honda was going to make it up the driveway. To top it off, as the Civic is stuggling, we see a sign that says "Speed Zone Ahead." What, 2 MPH max?!

Edit: oh, because the picture is sideways. Ha, ha, ha. Looks normal on picasa (sad face)

NIZZLE said:
Thursday morning was going to stop at FFF but they ain't open Thursday :-(

So, then I guess I can't get you to pick me up some Dreadnaught. ;)

Billy-Klubb said:
I have not gone back & read what I missed. I'm having more water & feeling like hell.

Dude, when kids get sick, you are a shoe-in. Welcome to the club. Hope you feel better. Try some OJ?

Cathedral said:
Not sure if joking, but drive a couple tenths of a mile down the road to the Best Western... I didn't think the girlfriends Honda was going to make it up the driveway. To top it off, as the Civic is stuggling, we see a sign that says "Speed Zone Ahead." What, 2 MPH max?!

You mean .2014 mile?

Cathedral said:

I was joking because your picture showed up sideways.
But it's a funny coincidence that the rest of that actually happened. :D

WesleyS said:
I was joking because your picture showed up sideways.
But it's a funny coincidence that the rest of that actually happened. :D

I would like this post, but there's no way to do it on the mobile app! ;-)

Cathedral said:
I'm sure you're right; I honestly did see one guy have to take a dolly out with over five cases but it's most likely he was was a bar or distributor.

I loved Vermont. Your should be proud of your state, sir. I met a lot of nice people and saw a lot of nice things going on.

I agree. Most of VT is very Lax. I'm glad you stocked up. I hate to say it but I'm bored of HT. I really only grab it from the brewery for trades I have going on. Does anyone else get bored of local beers?

NIZZLE said:
I might be able to find it else wear unless it's brewery only ;-)

No it's not brewery only, but the brewery is probably the most reliable place to find it.
It's a shame you're going to miss out on visiting there. The brewpub is pretty cool and the beer is great. I had to restrain myself when I went. After sampling some of their beer, I ended up only buying a couple six packs, a bomber and a pint glass. In hindsight, I wish I would've just said screw it and bought more.

LoloMT7 said:
You fools crack me up ... I'm an 80s baby so I love it..

I hear ya. My friends think I'm crazy, but I'm a huge fan of 80's music. I can't help it, it's what I grew up listening to.

I agree. Most of VT is very Lax. I'm glad you stocked up. I hate to say it but I'm bored of HT. I really only grab it from the brewery for trades I have going on. Does anyone else get bored of local beers?

Yes, and, I'm going to be honest, HT is not the best beer I've had, it was just he best beer from Local Your Area that I can't get here. It really is a good beer, but I can see how you can get tired of it. It can be overwhelming.

I know you're only a few hundred miles away, but if there is something I can get that you can't, and you can get some Lawson's Double Sunshine, let me know and we'll trade pronto.

No it's not brewery only, but the brewery is probably the most reliable place to find it.
It's a shame you're going to miss out on visiting there. The brewpub is pretty cool and the beer is great. I had to restrain myself when I went. After sampling some of their beer, I ended up only buying a couple six packs, a bomber and a pint glass. In hindsight, I wish I would've just said screw it and bought more.

We might hit them up on are way back through if I see some it's yours buddy ;-)

Back